No announcement yet.

My problems with G400 and Abit solved !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problems with G400 and Abit solved !

After days of trying different bios settings on my Abit BE6 with G400 32 DH and sblive including trying different IRQ's, AGP aperture size etc. I solved my problems with the crashings and not be able to run games and more.

The problem is not with the hardware at all, but it is a software problem (for Sblive users). The problem is that if you installed in the past Liveware older than version 2.00 (A lot of people) you're toast. Upgrading to Liveware 2.0, 2.1,3.0 is NOT a sollution. Removing of the sblive, disabling device drivers etc is also NOT a sollution. The only thing that works until now is completly removing windows from you're harddisk, reinstall W98, install directX 7.0, install you're g400 drivers, Instal liveware 2.0, instal liveware 2.1 and run that baby .

I don't think that everybody problems are solved with the G400, but for users that are having problems with the G400 and have A Sblive card installed and have used Liveware version older than 2.00 have a good change to solve there problems with above. I tried it on three different computers having problems and solved it. Succes !

Dennis

[This message has been edited by Dennis1 (edited 26 October 1999).]

Great Dennis1!!!!

Nice one, we'll have to add that to the list of things to watch for.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

God Job !!!

Keep on digging ...

------------------
      Cheers,
      Maggi

Working Rig:
      Asus P2B-DS @ 103MHz FSB
      Double Pentium III-450 @ 464 MHz
      4 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
      Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead
      Nokia 445Xi (21")
      Nokia 447Xpro (17")

Home Rig:
      Asus P2B-S Bios 1010 @ 100MHz FSB
      Celeron 333A @ 500MHz
      2 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
      Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead @ 150/200MHz
      CTX VL710T (17")
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

work well done !Dennis1

this could realy help other people with ABIT+SB LIVE + G400 config....

------------------
        PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
        PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Silly SBLive thing
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Does this mean I shouldn't install Liveware 3.0??? With a BE6, and a SB Live 1024 Player.
            -jm

Comment

Now why isn't it a silly Abit thing?

Comment

Dennis1-

I have that system config, and I am having problems, so I was just wondering what kind of crashes you were getting.

My problems happen whenever I start a TGL enhanced game. Sometimes it will fire up and everything is fine, sometimes I stop on a white screen, total system halt, and I have to push reset.

Please let me know if these are similar situations, if so i will take your advice.

thanks -joe

Comment

Hunsow - nagging about Abit is your task. I only do the SBLive section.
                  P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Hi rjacrr,

The crashes that I was getting where, after the game almost finished loading it freezes and popped back to a white screen or desktop and I was getting wierd colors and had to reboot, sometimes the game did run but at a very slow framerate. Good luck with you're problems you having.

Dennis

Comment

I have the same problem before. But I am using Asus P2B. Diamond Mx300 soundcard and G400Max. I have try all the solution. But no use.So,I also format my harddisk and reinstall all the software. Then all problem were fixed. My system is very stable now.

So my suggestion. If you have try all the solution and no use. Then backup all the data and formation your harddisk and re-install it. I think it will solve all the problems.

------------------
                      P!!! 450 OC To 495. ASUS P2B V1.1, PC-133 256MB RAM. Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller, IBM 9.1GB(2Mb Cache) LVD SCSI HardDisk X 2. Panasonic 20R,8W CD-R, Sony 5X ATAPI-DVD Rom, 3M LS-120 ATAPI-Floppy, Diamond Monster Sound Mx300 with four speaker, And My Matrox G400MAX

P!!! 450 OC To 495. ASUS P2B V1.1, PC-133 256MB RAM. Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller, IBM 9.1GB(2Mb Cache) LVD SCSI HardDisk X 2. Panasonic 20R,8W CD-R, Sony 5X ATAPI-DVD Rom, 3M LS-120 ATAPI-Floppy, Diamond Monster Sound Mx300 with four speaker, And My Matrox G400MAX

Comment

I think successful bug hunts deserve some sort of prize. I believe Dennis and whomever discovered the solution to the Abit slot problem, as simple a solution as it is, deserve something for their efforts.

Short of a Max, which I doubt anyone is willing to part with, I think Dennis deserves the Member-MURCer upgrade at the very least (and through the good graces of Ant, of course).

Paul
                        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

paulcs-

Slow down there soldier, let's not start sucking eachothers ... you know the rest.

I agree that Dennis1 deserves merit for posting a solution that worked in his case, but it is not necessarily true in all situations.

Me, for instance, am on a fresh (previously raw) hard drive, first video card to touch my motherboard, etc ... and I still have problems. Now, I am hoping that everything is solved when I upgrade to liveware 2.1, but I am not banking on it, as I have tried just about everything else suggested on these fora and still I have problems.

I am not at all upset or bitter, I rarely play games anyhow, just stating my opinion. Keep up the good work Dennis and paulcs.

-joe

Comment

I got MURCer status for being here on the right day.

Bughunts just drive me nuts, particularly when they drag on for weeks. Dennis got three systems working, and your right, it won't work for everyone. But it sounds like a piece of the puzzle, and I thought it deserved a gesture, albeit a silly gesture.

I think a FAQ should be written, by the way. Despite remarkably similar problems and similar configurations, there are about a dozen potential solutions--all of which have worked for some and not others. We should compile a list: check IRQ's, reseat the board, increase AGP aperture, disable video shadowing, upgrade drivers, reinstall drivers, etc., etc.

It would save a lot of typing.

By the way, Joe, how did the reinstall go?

Paul
                            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

paulcs-

I never really did a reinstall, just started from scratch with all new hardware. First I had problems even starting, but I think it was because of where I seated my live. Fixed that. Then I had irq problems, because my g400 was unfortunately in interrupt 5. Fixed that. Then when using tgl, I would get white screen complete lock up when starting, hoping to fix with liveware2.0/2.1 update.

Update ... just put on liveware 2.0/2.1 update, started up q3test a few times, and now although the white screen has gone away (for now), I crash during load. Hmmm ... could be because I only have 64mb of ram, I will try later when I have more patience and time.

Comment

Working...
                              X