Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To g400 or to not to g400

I have a g200 and a k6-2 400.

This board is great but its a bit slow. Now that i've join money to buy a new one i can't decide witch one to buy.
    I've tried a tnt2 ultra and a tnt2m64, it's fast ,very fast but i didn't like very much the visual quality. I've tried a savage4 extreme from diamond it's ok, but will i ever get a decent support?
    And the g400, but every on tell me that it's to slow for my computer . I work a lot in word and excel a play at 800x600. Can you help me chose?

With your setup and requirements, I think the G400 will be as good a choice as any other.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I have two 400 myself (AMD k63 400 and PII 400) and the G400 is much better than my old TNT2 ultra... I would go for it!

Comment

Zwisch, do you have a 16 or 32 Meg G400? I'm
        thinking of using a G400 Marvel with a K6-3
        but I can't seem to find any reviews of this
        combo.

Comment

At those resolutions and with that setup i'd go for a TNT2. More speed, less hassle

Probably!

I don't understand how you cannot like the visual quality - it is very very good, the differences between that and the G400 are extremely subtle (apart from EMBM) for example marginally better trilinear filtering. I would say the TNT2 generally produces more natural looking images because the contrast is not artificially raised by VCQ. Of course there's a lot more to this debate but I don't feel like writing a three page essay about it right now ...and sending everyone to sleep! Maybe you just saw a TNT2 running on a shit monitor...

Comment

Working...
          X