Marvel G400-TV & DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400-TV & DVD

Just a quickie... just installed my Marvel G400-TV last night (with the drivers supplied in the package), and also did a reinstall of my system (Windows 98SE).

Installed the DVD player, and set up it up to play DVD on my TV...

One observation: DVD playback is perfect on the monitor, but on the TV there is a very slight pause (milliseconds) every couple of seconds that does not bother me too much, but is noticeable... anyone else seen this?

I have downloaded the latest drivers and I will try them tonight to see if it goes away...

- Andrew Allen
    webmaster@ontechnical.co.uk

System Configuration: Intel Celeron 500MHz on Abit BP6 (1xCPU), Marvel G400-TV, 128MB Mem, IBM 18GB Harddisk, SB Live!, Pioneer 10x DVD.

I've heard that the G400 will exhibit this behaviour if you play an NTSC DVD to a PAL output. I see you're in the UK too - get a region 2 PAL DVD (like rent one from Blockbuster or something) and try that.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", they said.

Comment

Yes, true. The two DVD's that I have are both Zone-1 (The Matrix & Titanic), and I am in Zone-2 playing out to a PAL TV.

I guess I will just upgrade my TV to one that can accept an NTSC signal, then the problem will go away?

I have been buying Zone-1 DVD's mainly because DVD's in the UK are such a rip off; much cheaper from the US... :O)

Thanks for the reply.

- Andrew Allen
      webmaster@ontechnical.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, upgrading your TV to one that accepts NTSC should work.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", they said.

Comment

hi guys
          i just got my marvel
          same prob,
          skips a frame every second..
          is there no known way around it???
          new software?? other players,
          iys damn annoyong? :O)
          is anything being done to fix it?
          is it a driver issue
          ooeer look at all those questions
          sorry .... must be inquisitive tonite :O)
          Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

CMB

how can you fix something that isn't broken?
            why are people always looking for miracles?-
            zones or regions are set up for a reason and that reason is to protect each zones fair share of the market. besides if you switch between regions too many times you will eventually be locked to a zone that you don't want to be. then what?

evil

Comment

Hi, Evil twin ,
              first of you can reset the region lock out, so you dont get 'locked in'
              and second I happen to like owning and seeing movies. as im sure many of us on the forum do. And i dont particularly want to wait a few extra months and pay more for the privalge of buying a region 2 dvd,

example... My friend bought blade the other day from Virgn and paid, £22 i think, mau have been £25

i got it before last christmas, region one for about £18,76 (inc post and packaging

Can you honestly say you would have rather waited 8-9 months and then paid more for the same thing?

and only ask about the 'jitter' on playback cos i know theres a way round it somehow

I look forward to your response eveil twin :O)
              peace and go buy blade if you havent yet its great :O)
              Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

I had the same problem with NTSC discs. The way I fixed it (after gleaming all the knowledge from these forums) was as follows.

Get dvd region selector 2.5 or above and use the preset on the cinemaster options for the G400. If you look in MORE OPTIONS the surface flip mode setting should be soft de-interlace. You may need to upgrade your cinemaster engine to 2.0.35 or above as well. This worked for me when watching THE MUMMY and THE MATRIX. You can download both of the above from http://www.dvdutils.com .

I agree it is far better buying dvd's from the States. I got the two dvd's above from Amazon for about £15 each including postage and they have only just finished their run in the cinema here. I've also found you tend to get more special features on the region 1 discs compared to region 2 discs.

Comment

I'm sure cpu speed will make a difference but I don't know what a minimum is. I'm using a P3 500 and 196mb ram and it is fine with my system. Hope it works on yours.

Comment

Thank's
                    I'll try that
                    one more thing???
                    what processor do you have
                    dont you need clout to de-interlace in software????

or have i read something wrong
                    im getting a new jetway Mboard and p3 today to hopefully clout shouldnt be an issue
                    ill post later and let you know how i get on
                    Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X