rainbow runner good choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainbow runner good choice?

I would like to add a rainbow runner to my g400 16mb sh to get video in and out.Is this a wise choice?much problems with it?I am interested in trying videoconferencing with my camcorder and recording to vcr.
    thanks
    gobrob

No can do... Rainbow Runner G can only be added to Dual Head cards.... It will unfortunately not work with your card.

Comment

No can do... Rainbow Runner G can only be added to Dual Head cards.... It will unfortunately not work with your card.

Comment

The Rainbow Runner has no TV Out anyway.

Comment

Upgrade for Millennium G400 16MB.
          Millennium G400 32MB.
          Millennium G200.
          Millennium G200 (ATX).
          Millennium G200-SD.
          Millennium G200-SD PCI.
          Millennium G200-SG.
          Marvel G200-TV.
          Marvel G200.
          Mystique G200.
          MGA-G200 SD.
          Productiva G100 Multi-monitor.
          Productiva G100.

Features
          - Full resolution video capture and playback with hardware MJPEG compression.
          - TV tuner card for watching or recording TV on the PC.
          - Playback from «Cut List» feature saves editing time and hard disk space.
          - Enhanced TV viewing on PC while browsing the Internet or working in other applications.
          - Includes Matrox PC-VCR remote to record program to hard disk.
          - Part Number: GS/RRUPG/N.

This is from the matrox store,nowhere does it say its not available for singlehead and how can it have video capture and playback without video out feature?Are you guys on drugs or is Matrox misleading??
          gobrob

Comment

This has been covered many times. In fact, in reply to a post you made a couple days ago, I told you RR-G will not work on a SH card. http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/005465.html

The deal is that all SingleHead cards are OEM. Technically, you should not have even been sold that card. Your reseller broke his OEM agreement by selling you the singlehead model (even though we all know everyone does it ). If you look around the Matrox store a bit more, you'll see that they do not even offer the singlehead for sale, or mention it's existance anywhere. It's supposed to be a cheap sollution for system integrators. In efforts to make it a cheap sollution, bells and whistles (like RR-G support) are removed.

I do agree, though, that the Matrox store should specify clearly that RR-G will not work on OEM SH cards. Several people have found out too late...although their main website product listing does state it in fine print...
            http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/rr_gseries/home.htm

"*Support for the RRG on the Millennium G400 Series requires an updated driver version to be available Q3'99. Not compatible with Matrox Millennium G400 SH boards."

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 23 October 1999).]
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin,that makes more sense.
              Anyone want to buy a 16meg sh?

Comment

One other thing about the RR-G is that they seem to rarely ever develop drivers for it. Right now I'm still sitting at PD 5.13. No TurboGL for me. Not for a while anyways.

------------------
                Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
                Asus P2B 1010 - P3-500 - And a G400Max now.
                256MB 6NS 70 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

You're a ... 'guest' ... of the Master Control Program.

Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

You are behind the times then PH, new Vid Tools were released a couple of weeks ago that while being recommended for PD 5.25 work perfectly well with 5.30.

Comment

Dammit, why didn't someone tell me?

heh. I know. i've been gone a while.
                    Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Working...
                    X