G400 MAX at Matrox Store UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX at Matrox Store UK

As i have said before, ive had a card on order since mid september from Simply Computers. Im fed up now, so I was thinking of cancelling it and paying £50 extra to buy from the matrox store uk.

I have heard that people ordering from there have received there cards quickly, i just wanted to check if this was the case with the UK store as with the American one?

Well, as a side effect of your other mega thread ( http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004833.html ) I asked for RMA (from Ireland) and received the new card within a few days. That was about 10 days ago.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I would be more than interested to learn how much the final bill, including shipping, comes to when buying from the matrox store in the U.k., I've been wanting this card for quite some time. which card are you buying?

any chance of a price break-down, if you don't want to post that to the forum, can you email it to me?

Cheers,

Colin
      You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

To Colin

G400 MAX, if u go to site, u can see price. I think it would be approx £210 total, £15 shipping, rest card.

I havent cancelled my order yet from Simply Computers, as there it is only gonna cost me £150 total

Comment

I had a G400 MAX on order with RAM computers for over 5 weeks before I cancelled and ordered one direct from Matrox Online UK.
          I placed the order over the .net on Sunday, received the card via DHL on Tuesday.
          I don't have the precise cost at hand (Barclaycard online service is not working at the moment, but it was about £205. I will update this when I get the exact figure.
          UPDATE : £208.08, as predicted.

[This message has been edited by Lewpy (edited 27 October 1999).]

Comment

The cost is as follows:

G400 MAX 159.35
            VAT @ 21% 33.46
            Shipping 15.27
            -------------------
            Total 208.08

The Bas****s charge 21% VAT, and don't give you a choice of shipping method!

Comment

How can they charge 21% VAT?!?!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

I got my G400 Max from www.insight.com for £175.08 fully inc.

That was on 23rd August. I did have to wait a few weeks from when I originally ordered it though.....

They'll probably be even harder to get in the UK soon, following the 'Graphics Card Group Test' in December PCW where it 'won' .....

[This message has been edited by Le Bodge (edited 25 October 1999).]

Comment

Matrox have a large stockholding in Ireland, where all Matrox products (not just Graphics cards) are shipped from to Europe.

The 21% is Irish Tax and due to the fact you actually purchase the product from Ireland you have to pay too!

Comment

In the new PC Pro, a bloke called Kevin wrote in to complain about the poor availibility of Max's in the UK - he wanted one after it got a very good review in the mag a while back. Matrox spun out the line Ant posted about being able to get one from their online store and their concerted efforts (yeah right!) to address their problem.

Rather than pay their inflated prices (I prefer other companies like Dabs and Simply) I think I'll wait and see if Santa drops one down my chimney (wrapped in bubble wrap ).

Cheers

Comment

The Matrox G400 MAX is not available in the UK, Matrox has stopped all distribution of it in the UK.
                      I have been told the same thing from 2 big name companys, AND I WANT ONE!

Bollocks

UberWarrior

Comment

Working...
                      X