AGP Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Question!

I've used the reg hack to force AGP 1x, But is there a way to check and make sure that the hack worked? Maybe a utility?
    I want to be sure of my AGP before putting it from 2/3 to 1/1 in bios.
    thanks
    Cowboy

there is a program called SciSoft Sandra that I like to use for this... it will tell you if you are in 1 or 2X... I know that other people use PCIList but I never tried it.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response, I have that program currently installed, but I can only see that it tells me I am AGP 1x and 2x compliant. Where exactly does it tell me what speed i am currently at?
      cowboy

Comment

You will find it in Mainboard Information under AGP BUS. It will tell you there is your Bus speed is at 1 or 2X

Comment

Thanks found it!
          But it says 2x ... so the hack did not work.
          How do i find out if my g400 is device 0000?

cowboy

Comment

the hack will only work if you only have a 0000 if you have a 0000 and a 0001 for example, then you still have traces of other drivers in your system and more than one display adapter listed in your device manger in safe mode... Delete the your display device in safe mode and start over. Once installed, you should now only have a 0000 listed.

Comment

if you do not want to go through all this trouble than manually create the AGPFlags 0 entry in your registry under the value for your G400 (probably the last numer ex : 0002)

Comment

Thanks for all the help!
                But I must be doing something wrong, because nothing seems to be working, SiSoft Sandra keeps telling me that I'm at 2x.
                The change I made wa to...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0525&SUBS YS_2179102B&REV_03
                It seems to have all the matrox stuff in it.
                Is this correct?
                Cowboy.

Comment

nope you are not at the right place at all!! take one of the registry hacks, right clock on it and select edit... then simply follow the link.

Comment

OK I followed and the AGPFlags="0" was already there. So any idea why sisoft sandra tells me 2x AGP?
                    thanks!
                    cowboy

Comment

Apparently, my card was under 0001, not 0000.
                      So i deleted 0000, and renamed 0001 to 0000.
                      This proved to be an error and i am currently under 640x480 16 colours. So i'm quitting for tonight and will reinstall tomorrow.
                      But thanks to you I know where to go and what my problem was!
                      So thank you very much!
                      I'll see tomorrow if i can get my card to install as 0000!
                      Cowboy

Comment

Hi,

deleting all your display adapter in the device manger in safe mode will delete all these entries, so simply point to the install.inf in the latest downloaded drivers when the card is being detected and you will then have only a 0000.

PS. I once tried the same thing as you (deleting 0000 and renaming the 0001) and got the same problem, doing what I suggested fixed the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the help...but i got your last message after i formatted C and reinstalled.
                          Everything seems to be working just right, and my adapter is 0000!
                          Thanks
                          cowboy

Comment

hehe seems that you really wanted this to be resolved!

Comment

Yeah!
                              I may be pretty new but I HATE not knowing how to do things!
                              And at least I won't have to ask the same question again.
                              And for now at least most of my issues are resolved!
                              Except NFS:High Stakes...crashes as soon as i step on the accelerator?!?! But it seems to work for everyone else so it's probably something stupid between the program and my system.

Well once again thanks for all the help.
                              cowboy
                              real name...marc

Comment

Working...
                              X