Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Uninstall Old G-400 Drivers: help! Piglet, me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Uninstall Old G-400 Drivers: help! Piglet, me!

My G-400 is installed with the 4.11 drivers and I've been having crash problems so decided to update the driver. Problem is, in the tech support instructions it say's to uninstall the Powerdesk software first....ok....and go to the Matrox, MGA or Powerdesk directory through the start menu.....but when I follow that I don't have ANY of those directories listed anywhere!!!! Powerdesk is installed, but is not listed in the add/remove section either! What the heck is going on here?? Thank you in advance!

You will have to use the uninstaller from Matrox's website, it is found with the drivers section.

Rags

Comment

Are you in NT or win 98? If win98, then yes the uninstaller will help but if in NT...

What heppens when you simply install teh drivers on top of the older ones? should still work...

Comment

Seems to me the uninstaller is not for the 4.x versions....only the 5.x isn't it?

Comment

The uninstaller will remove older PowerDesk versions.

Comment

The first drivers for the G400 under win98 are the 5.11 ... check your powerdesk version to know what drivers you are using... The version that you get when you downlaod drivers are powerdesk version not drivers version...

In NT, the original drivers are the 4.11 this is why I asked...

so If you are indeed in a win9x environment, the unsintaller will work not matter what drivers you have for your G400... (since they are all 5.x)

Comment

Working...
            X