Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMax : smooth on the monitor, frame-drops on the TV

Hi.
    I have a P2-450 (o/ced P2-350) and an OEM G400 Vanilla Dual-Head 32MB, playing DVD with DVDMax enabled gives me very smooth playback on the monitor, but at the same time, the TV output is chopped... frame-drops are all over the place! :-(
    I'm using PD5.3 and WinDVD v1.2.99 at 1024x768x32, TV Out in PAL Mode. I don't think using another player can help since the output on the monitor is smooth already and Matrox drivers are the ones that produce the TV output, it seems as though the TVO chip (or the drivers) aren't fast enough to replicate the monitor output at full framerate. I don't use the matrox/Divicore DVD Player since it fails to install on my Hebrew Enabled Win98 (something about the language resources).

------------------
    ... There's No Spoon!
    ... There's No Spoon!

Is your DVD also set for PAL or is it NTSC? Also be sure that your TV is set to PAl in your settings.

Comment

You're playing an NTSC DVD out onto a PAL television, aren't you? This is a known problem, which we all hope will be fixed very soon.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", they said.

Comment

Well, it was a Region 2 DVD, I thought all region 2 DVDs were PAL encoded... Anyway, I already returned it, but I have some more region 2 DVDs here, so I'll try with them...

------------------
        ... There's No Spoon!
        ... There's No Spoon!

Comment

Working...
        X