Marvel G400 - Win98 restart probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 - Win98 restart probs

Anyone else having problems restarting Windows or the machine itself? I find that it hangs with a quick reboot or normal restart. I also notice grey vertical lines running across the screen sometimes... any similar experiences? SOlutions?? Thanks.

------------------
    -=ODiN=-
    -=ODiN=-

There are some issues with Win98 itself that can cause restart hangups, especially with Win98SE.

With either Win98 Gold (original version) or Win98SE a busmastering network adapter whose drivers are misbehaving can cause this problem.

Another set of problems with Win98SE is so bad Microsoft had to issus a patch file to fix it.

Microsofts knowledge base has some articles on these issues so you might want to pay it a visit:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/search/c.asp?FR=0

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 07 December 1999).]

Comment

Well, I was well aware of the problem, especially win Win98SE, but Microsoft did release a patch for the shutdown probs awhile ago.... was hoping that would have solved it. But, I think it's Marvel G400-related because when I had a generic SuperVGA driver loaded for the video, restarting had no probs.....
      -=ODiN=-

Comment

Do you have a network adapter in your system? Sometimes the drivers for NIC's will cause shutdown hangups too. Just a thought....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
        X