Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max+SB-Live+AbitBX6=Crash,Crash,Crash

Can anyone please help me?
    I am running (sometimes) a G400Max/RRG, SB-Live and an AbitBX6 mainboard and it crashes all the time. The computer just turns of for no apparent reason at all. The monitor shuts down and the computer shuts down. This is driving me nuts I can't get any video work done that I need for collage.
    If it is the really rare combination of these components, can any one recommend a motherboard that can handle the other stuff?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Damien.............

Hi Damien,

have you tried to put the sound card in a different PCI slot? And does this occur when using the same program? Have you tried to work with your PC without the soundcard? Have you tried the latest BIOS for the mobo?

Those are just some thoughts...

Good luck,

Marijn

Comment

Probably a stupid question, but have you tried the Matrox Hardware or General Hardware forums?

Comment

I'd try removing the other cards and see if the problem persist... them put one at teh time until your find the "bad tempered" card.. then as already suggested, put it in another PCI card.... updating the BIOs onthe MOBO is always a good idea!

Comment

Have you installed Livewire 3.0 for your SBLive? That contains bug fixes for most SBLive! issues as well as the functional upgrades.

One problem likely is that the SBLive is a tempermental beast at best even with the bug fixes. I gave up on 'em after four had crossed my desk.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X