G400-TV & Premiere 5.1a - Problem scrubbing with source window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400-TV & Premiere 5.1a - Problem scrubbing with source window

I'm having problems with my G400-TV and Premiere 5.1a, while trying to scrub video with what I believe is called the "source" scrub... thing. When I scrub with the timeline, or with the scrubber bar underneath the "target" pulldown menu in the Monitor window, it scrubs in the monitor window on my computer screen, it scrubs full screen on the TV I have attached to the Marvel box, and I get audio.

The problem is when I try to scrub with the "source" scrub bar. I hear the audio, but there is no video scrub displayed on the monitor, or on the TV. I thought it was maybe the MJPEG captured files I was using, but I loaded a regular AVI file, and the same thing happened. Is this a known and unfixable problem, or is there help for me yet? My system is a P3-450, 192mb, G400-TV NTSC, Win98 (not SE), latest version drivers from Matrox, running 1024x768, 32bit, with the prem50.ini file in my Premiere dir. This is an obviously frustrating problem, and hopefully one that can be fixed!

I had a similar prob with Ulead MediaStudio
    i managed to fix it by
    ctrl/alt/delete
    and then shutting down powerdesk....
    i still retain all duel head and groovy G400 functions.... and now MediaStudio works properly... i dont know how or why but it does..
    let me know if it helps?
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

CMB:

I fiddled around with Premiere for a few hours the other day, and managed to get it to work, believe it or not, by *not* using the stock prem50.ini file that the G400TV comes with. It's not perfect yet, but it's much much better than before. Here's what my prem50.ini is:

[Override]
      NoDirectShow=0

[codec]
      keepopen=dmb1

Now, I *still* can't scrub in the Source window, but I *can* use the stop and play buttons, and it plays onscreen, and on the Video out monitor. I can hit the ins and outs, Create subclips, drag those onto the timeline in the correct place, and then scrub with the timeline. I can then go into the timeline and adjust the ins and outs there. There are slight, ~2 second pauses when I switch between playing a clip on the source window, and then switching to the timeline. Not a 100% perfect fix, I'd say somewhere around 97% though.

I tried the fix you suggested, hoping to gain that extra 3% of perfection, but it unfortunately didn't work. Thanks for the reply/try, though!

Comment

Working...
      X