Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo GL crashes all the time

Hi All,

The computer crashes when I want to run Quake2, Quake3 or Unreal using the turbo GL driver, the normal opengl driver works fine.

My computer: Abit Be6, P3 450 MHZ, 128 MB, Sblive (liveware 2.1), Matrox G400 32 MB DH.

There are no IRQ conflicts the Sblive sits in pci slot 4 using IRQ 5, and the G400 is also using IRQ 5. I have only trouble with Turbogl driver, when I am not using this driver everything runs fine.

Thanks
    Dennis

The G400 needs an IRQ of 9 or higher to work right. It doesn't like sharing the ICQ with especially an SB Live!

First off though: Did you have another Matrox card in your system before? Have you used the Matrox PD5.x uninstall utility to remove all other Matrox drivers from your system?
    Do you by any chance have a Voodoo card in your system?

If not....

Try moving the IRQ for your G400 towards IRQ 9 or higher.

If you have the IRQ specs for us, we can see where it would possibly fit.

To do so, click on Start => Programs => Accessories => System Tools => System Information. Then select File and save the file as something you can remember

Find the file, open it and copy and paste the contents in the answer window here...

We'll get you there...

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks Jorden, the only thing I did yesterday was that I replaced my Celeron 366 with a Pentium 3 450, before I changed my Processor everything worked fine for weeks.
      I have more problems now then I thought I had in my previous post, Quake 3 works without turboGL, Quake 2 works without turbogl, UT, Unreal, g400 techdemo, 3dmark max crashed on startup. Strange he ? if you only change the cpu on the motherboard you have problems running most of you're games.
      The SBlive uses IRQ 5 now and my G400 uses IRQ 9 now but I will post the IRQ list later, I have no voodoo card installed and I did uninstall the drivers first, Thanks

Dennis

[This message has been edited by Dennis1 (edited 21 October 1999).]

Comment

ohhh.... one of these BE6 Mobo... hmmm, I simpathize budy!

First, there are several issues with this Ultra DMA66 on this board. Try putting your drivers on the Ultra 33 and disable the ultra 66 in teh device manager to see if it helps.

Then for this mobo :
        -PCI slot 1 shares it's ressources with the AGP
        - PCI slot 2 is ok (houra!)
        - PCI slot 3 shares with the Ultra 66
        - PCI 4 and 5 shares together...

So all hail bus mastering on this boards!!! Abit also says that they have major issues when USB is sharing with the Ultra 66...

So better check these settings first!

Z

Comment

Working...
        X