Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Matrox card to use on Super Socket 7 Pentium 250MMX O/C Using Asustek P5AB MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Matrox card to use on Super Socket 7 Pentium 250MMX O/C Using Asustek P5AB MB

I have a Pentium 200MMX overclock to 250Mhz using Asustek P5AB MB. I am using Matrox Mystique overclock to 206Mhz (PCI) presently. I am considering upgrading to another Matrox card. What would be the best
    and suitable model. Appreciate any recommendations. Cheers!

G200 AGP or PCI is about your only choice. That machine would never driver a G400...

I would put that money towards a processor upgrade instead...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Does it have an AGP slot? If not, it has to be a PCI card, probably the G200 is the best bet. But I'd agree with Kruzin - a new processor/board. But, if you just want to cheaply increase the speed of your PC, stick in a VoodooII - they're so cheap now, and it does the job (albeit with image quality below that of Matrox')...

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way but i recommend upgrading that CPU before putting some money on a passed generation graphic card.

Z

Comment

Working...
        X