Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joke

Got this in email today, thought I'd pass it along..

> A Cork Radio Station (in Ireland), 96 FM, was running a competition to
    > find contestants who could come up with words that were not found in any
    > English Dictionary yet could still use these words in a sentence that
    > would make logical sense. The prize was a trip to Bali for a week. The
    > DJ, Neil, had many callers; the following two standing out: DJ: 96FM,
    > what's your name? Caller: Hi, me name's Dave. DJ: Dave, what is your
    > word? Caller: Goan spelt G O A N, pronounced "go-an" DJ: We are just
    > checking that (pause) and you are correct, Dave, Goan is certainly a
    > word not found in the English Dictionary. Now the next question, for a
    > trip for two to Bali, is, what sentence can you use that in that would
    > make logical sense? Caller: Goan **** yourself! At this point the DJ
    > cuts the caller short and announces that there is no place for that sort
    > of language on a family show. After many more
    > > unsuccessful calls the DJ takes the following caller:
    > DJ: 96FM, what's your name?
    > Caller: Hi, me name's Jeff.
    > DJ: Jeff, what is your word?
    > Caller: Smee spelt S M E E, pronounced "smee".
    > DJ: We are checking that (pause) and you are correct, Jeff, Smee is
    > certainly a word not found in the English Dictionary. Now the next
    > question, for a trip for two to Bali, is, what sentence can you use that
    > in that would make logical sense? Caller: Smee again! Goan ****
    > yourself!

heheheheheheeheheheheehe

I also got something in my mail today, and I think I should pass it along...

>> If this doesn't make you paranoid, nothing will. I especially like the rat
    >> piss bit at the end.
    >>
    >> For your info :
    >>
    >> The average pH of soft drinks, e.g. Coke, Pepsi is pH 3.4. This acidity
    >> is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! Our human body stops
    >> building bones at around the age of 30. After that it'll be dissolving
    >> about 8-18% of the bones each year through the urine depending on the
    >> acidity of the food intake (acidity does not depend on the taste of the
    >> food, but on the ratio of potassium/calcium/magnesium/etc. to phosphorus).
    >> All the dissolved calcium compounds accumulate in the arteries, veins,
    >> skin tissue, organs.This affects the functioning of the kidney
    >> (kidneystones). Soft drinks do not have any nutritional value (in terms of
    >> vitamins and minerals). They have higher sugar content, higher acidity,
    >> and more additives such as preservatives and colorings. Some people like
    >> to take cold soft drinks after each meal, guess what's the impact? Our
    >> body has an optimum temperature of 37 degrees for the functioning of
    >> digestive enzymes. The temperature of cold softdrinks is much less than
    >> 37, sometimes quite close to 0. This will lower the effectiveness of the
    >> enzymes and put stress on the digestive system, digesting less food. In
    >> fact the food gets fermented. The fermented food produces bad smelling
    >> gases, decays and forms toxins which are absorbed in the intestines, get
    >> circulated in the blood and is delivered to the whole body. This spread of
    >> toxins can lead to the development of various diseases. Think before you
    >> drink Coke or Pepsi or any another softdrink. Have you ever thought what
    >> you drink when you drink an aerated drink?You gulp down carbon dioxide,
    >> something that nobody in the world would advise you to do. Two months ago,
    >> there was a competition in Delhi University "Who can drink the most
    >> Coke?". The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because too much
    >> carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. >From then on, the
    >> principal banned all soft drinks >from the university canteen. Someone put
    >> a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi and in 10 days it is dissolved! Teeth
    >> and bones are the only human organ that stay intact for years after death.
    >> Imagine what the drink must be doing to your soft intestines and stomach
    >> lining! Request to All: Forward this message to your friends to increase
    >> the awareness of these soft drinks being produced by the so called GREAT
    >> USA. ____________________________________ Please read... Whenever you buy
    >> a can of coke or any other canned soft drink, please make sure that you
    >> wash the top with running water and soap or, if not available, drink with
    >> a straw. A family friend died after drinking a can of soda. Apparently,
    >> she didn't clean the top before drinking from the can. The top was
    >> encrusted with dried rat's urine which is toxic and obviously lethal.
    >> Canned drinks and other foodstuffs are stored in warehouses and containers
    >> that are usually infested with rodents and then get transported to the
    >> retail outlets without being properly cleaned. Please forward this message
    >> to the people you care about...

edit note: Just re-read this thing and removed a smileye.

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 15 October 1999).]

Comment

I drink coffee myself, the added heat helps move the digestive process along, so what if it keeps you awake all night?

Of course, I drink a couple of 2 litres of Pepsi on the weekends when I order out for pizza. Everything in moderation.

Comment

That is just the stupidest thing I have ever read. First of all, what do you think the pH of your stomach acid is?? I'm sure it's equivalent, if not more acidic. Secondly, the acid never reaches your bones, so how is it supposed to dissolve them?? The stomach/intestines are constructed to deal with acid, they are not going to be dissolve either. As for the teeth, unless you hold you mouth full of coke for 10 days, I don't think you have to worry, especially since your saliva is a buffering agent. Any coke left in the mouth will be buffered to a higher pH. Jesus!! Some people just love to over-react!! Oh, about the Rat Piss thing....**** it. We've all got to die sometime. I don't have time go washing everything that I put in my mouth.....(uhh that didn't sound right ) It really bugs me to see people drinking out of a can with a straw, or scrubbing off the top of a soda can, but that's just me.
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

The bones being dissolved by the soda has something to do with the C02 going into the bloodstream. C02 increases blood acidity and dissolves bones somewhat. Stomach pH is around 2. However, adding acidity to it is not a good thing. Soda is one of the worst things you can drink especially ice cold. Too cold goes for all drinks.

Comment

Welcome to the MURC anatomy forums....

Ok, how does "acidic" blood come in contact with the bones? Doesn't it flow in blood vessels throughout the body? CO2 in the blood may form Carbonic Acid, but that is a pretty weak acid. Does the blood actually accept CO2?? I thought it just accepted O2 from the lung tissue.

Also, what does the temperature of the drink have to do with anything?? I don't understand that.

Why is it bad to add acid to the already acidic stomach??

Why is soda so bad to drink? Is there any proof of this anywhere??

Why am I discussing this on a Video Card forum??

Some questions we may never answer......

Paul

Comment

(Historical note - I am a Ph.D chemist) - Adding CO2 to your stomach will make it less acidic, not more. The CO2 will absorb protons from the hydrochloric acid in your stomach and make it less acidic. Carbonic acid (protonated CO2) is a weaker acid than hydrochloric acid. The higher pH in your stomach (less acidic) will cause your stomach to secrete additional protons to eventually regain the intial pH of your stomach contents.

BTW, Coke also contains phosphoric acid, another acid weaker than hydrochloric acid.

(Chem 101)

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 15 October 1999).]

Comment

Yup. That's what I thought. (Historical Note- I'm an AS Chemist )

Paul

Comment

Just thought I'd also make some comments...

First of all, most of what's written in that Coke warning is a load of crap.

pH in your stomach is more acidic than that of Coke, so you will NOT be affected by that.

Drinking ice-cold Coke will NOT lower your core body temperature. A gallon of slush may have a slight effect.

The carbonation of Coke is not going to affect your oxygen levels in your blood. Any C02 absorbed will be mostly converted into bicarbonate (HC03) in the plasma and red blood cells. Our bodies have MAJOR C02 buffers.

OK, enough about what's wrong with the statement. Here's what is REALLY wrong with Coke and other similar drinks:

High sugar content.

Ever try adding a spoon of sugar to Coke? It sorta just floats to the bottom and can't get dissolved because Coke is practically super-saturated with sugar. Obviously this much sugar is not good to consume in large quantity. Some studies have shown that your immune system is depressed on an unbalanced high-sugar diet. So, if anything, the major problem with Coke is the sugar.

Heh, rat urine, I wouldn't worry about it, basically anything you buy at the supermarket could be similarily infected.

Doctor.H
                  Physiologist and soon to be Medical Doctor

Comment

Doc - Buffer reference is correct. Sugar will dissolve easily in Coke if you warm it to room temperature.

Comment

Doctor H is right.
                      Historical note I am a Medical Doctor by training if not by occupation. Only a Bachelors in Chemistry though.
                      Acidity is not the only thing to note, nor is sugar content. Some sodas irritate the stomach lining of some people causing a mild gastritis. If after you ingest anything, you feel a burning sensation in your stomach, stop eating that particular thing. In any case sodas contain very little good nutritive value. You are better off drinking fruit juice. Then again drinking and smoking can kill you but .................
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Let's talk about theeths (or was that teeths or tooths or errr).

The reason all of us weren't toothless after all our coke drinking (sure you have had coke in you mouth longer than 10 days in you lifetime), is the protein layer. If you eat a good meal consisting of i.e. kebab with coke and a nice icecream for desert, then the protective protein layer would've been used up. So, if you eat this kinda meal everyday and then drink coke on your long way back from the kebab store (you're bicycling ), that would tare down your teeths within six months.

This is not because of acidity but of the sugar. When the bacterias get sugar to eat, they dispatch some kind of acid stuff that **** up our mouths (mostly the tooths, but also the flesh around them)

What other stuff is there in the supermarket you eat directly from? and that is probably stored at wharehouses...? I got frightened by this story, and I'm glad canned sode isn't so regular here in norway

My sister is a med student currently working on a project at penn state nutrition

Comment

Everything you buy has some tolerance for contamination. For instance, chocolate bars have rat hairs and rat dung in them, of course in very small quantities. Yes the sugar is bad for you in soda for sure, but I tell people that and they say fruit juice is worse. I don't get it. Interestingly enough, I believe Mt. Dew's color pigment kills sperm cells. I know two kids that drink about 2 liters of the stuff A DAY! It grosses me out. I am waiting for them to keel over any day now.

Comment

HEH!

Comment

Truck driver on the highway decides to pick up hitchhiker with rucksak.
                              As they drive, truck driver notices some movement in the rucksak.

Driver: whatcha got in the rucksak?

Hiker: thats my pet monkey...

Driver: lets see him.

Hiker opens rucksak and monkey quickly stands to attention on hikers shoulder.

Driver: WOW, can it do tricks as well?

Hiker: yep. Watch this.

Hiker makes a fist and knocks the monkey in the face. Monkey out cold on the floorfan. Wakes up, shakes head, spreads hikers legs apart, undoes zip and proceeds to apply blow job. Well, the Driver looks over and is in shock.

Driver: OMG. That amazing!

Monkey completes task. Swabs the penis, rolls it up, tucks it back in and closes zips.

Driver: thats just absolutely incredible. I've never seen anything like that!

Hiker: yeah, kinda neat....do you want to try it?

Driver: yeah sure, I'd love to! But dont hit me as hard as you hit the monkey!

I have tried to say this in the best possible taste and hope this does not offend anyone. Admin should edit this if undesired.

Comment

Working...
                              X