RCA or S-Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA or S-Video

Hi. I have g400 dual head. My tv only has RCA input. I have to run a 25ft cable to the tv(long I know). Will it make a difference if I use... 1. the S-video cable and then a converter at the tv or...2 an RCA cable all the way. Will be used mainly for DVD's.

------------------
    "I will stop...the first wave"
    "I will stop...the first wave"

I'm just now doing the same thing. I'm using Quad shielded RG6/QS coax with RCA adapters on the end. This is the best way to go for that long a run (unless you really want to splurge and run 5 lines for RGB). The RG6/QS is rated high enough to handle HDTV (which what I eventually want to use it for). Otherwise, I hear the Y/C cable degrades pretty bad by 25 feet so I understand that you're better off with RCA run (heavy gauge).
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

P.S. There is another approach that costs (and performs) between the single coax RCA approach and the five coax RGB approach; that is to use a two cable (again RG6/QS) run and use Y/C (SVHS) to F connector adapters. It all depends on how much money you want to spend (around $30/50 foot run w/ gold F connectors at Radio Shack), what you're connections are on the home theatre side, and how big a wad of cables you can live with.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
      X