Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure for installing a new Marval G400

Hi
    I'm just about to receive a new G400 Marval, and was wondering about the best way to install it (software wise).
    Is it best to use the supplied CD, install the older drivers etc., then remove them and install the latest drivers.
    or can I just use the drivers / tools from the Matrox web site?

Thanks

Gareth
    Gareth

The VidTools on the CD are the latest (says 1.50 in some places, but the readme is 1.51). Download the 5.40 drivers and extract to a temp directory. When you reboot with the Marvel, it will look for the drivers, feed it the 5.40 directory and reboot. You'll need to manually install the VidTool drivers, which consists of running the setup.exe in the vidtools directory on the CD.

Comment

I disagree

For a first time installation you need to pick up other information from the installation CD.

Remove ALL of your existing display drivers and switch to the Windows generic VGA drivers. Then remove your existing card and install the G400. Switch back on and prepare for windows to confuse itself. Once you have managed to settle windows down (still using the default VGA drivers), reboot and then use the installation CD to get both Powerdesk and VideoTools installed and verify that they work.

If you want/need to then update the drivers/tools to the latest, download them from Matrox and use Matrox own uninstaller to remove the old drivers before loading the latest.

It sounds complicated, but an hour spent doing it properly can save hours of frustration later

This_Idiot

Comment

Thanks for the assistance. It should be here in about 2 hours :-)))
        Gareth

Comment

Working...
        X