Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: If I OC my CPU, isn't the G400Max OC'd too???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: If I OC my CPU, isn't the G400Max OC'd too???

If I am running my P3 450 at 126Mhz FSB, 567Mhz, meaning that my AGP is somewhere around 80...dosen't that mean that the MAX is already overclocked??? And if it is, why dosen't the higher speed show up on the Tweak Utility or on Power Strip...is it because the Utilitie's or PS's clock or "frame or reference" is higher...meaning that it thinks the 126Mhz is 100Mhz, so it thinks (I realize that it really dosen't THINK) that its at its normal 201Mhz...
    If it is already oc'd, how can I calculate how high it is oc'd???
    I know, pretty wierd question...
    Kelin

Even thought you o/c your processor, that doesn't actually overclock the MAX itself. All that you are doing by overclocking your fsb to 126 is o/c the AGP bus speed to ~82 which just increases the agp transfer rate between the card i/o and the motherboard. It doesn't effect the clock core speed or memory settings, just the transfer frequency to the bus, which doesn't make much of an improvement as far as video cards go.
    To actually o/c the board, using something like MGATweak and it'll show you the real reference clock that the MAX generates for its core/memory. Play with the PLL Fo clock to overclock the core and memory on the MAX. Then you'll seem some real improvements!

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up...now that you say it that way...it makes sense...I am using the Tweak Utility the MGA Tweak, etc...to play with my settings...the Max is a screamer, I will tell ya that...and that's from someone who has a V3 3000, TNT, and bought and took back a bunch of Ultras and two V3 3500s...
      Thanks again,
      kelin

Comment

Working...
      X