driver with directX for Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driver with directX for Win2k

Matrox has now alpha driver for G400 with directX support under Win2k. But they does not allow to download it. Can anybody send me the driver ?
    I already have registed in Matrox Dev.Rel.
    Best Wishes, Yury
    Best wishes, Yury

Yury,

Unless you can prove you are game developer, I don't like your chances.

Paul

Comment

But where can one get a driver with direcX for Win2k ? I want to know exact timeframe.
      Best regards, Yury
      Best wishes, Yury

Comment

I wouldn't expect one before W2k is released, probably early next year. One that performs decently will probably follow about 6 to 12 months after that.

Paul

Comment

Matrox are miserable bastards, and refuse to provide W2K developers/testers with worthwhile drivers.

I have already cancelled a corporate program that would have purchased many thousand G400s because they can't provide us with a W2K driver to test with.

We'll go with TNT2s instead.

If anyone from Matrox bothers to read this, you're twats. Get a grip, and get the job DONE. You've only had 6 months to get it together.

Comment

Although I would of used a little different language....I still agree with YuppieScum. I LOVE my g400max BUT...THIS IS A HUGE BUT...I will be running W2k as soon as it RTM's and I have a very bad feeling that I am going to have to invest in a satanic TNT just to be able to run games under w2k. I use w2k at work every day and let me tell you I am soooooooooo stoked for it to be finished, it is by far a much better OS than anything the evil empire has done. And I am very pleased they keep pushing back RTM just to make sure it is as stable as it can be. And to have matrox just NOW start producing alpha drivers is RIDICULOUS because w2k has been in development for the last 3 years!

------------------
            Get Paid to Surf the Web! <A HREF="http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=CBM-295
            " TARGET=_blank>http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=CBM-295
            </A>
            Asus K7V
            Athlon 700
            128mb PC133 HSDRAM
            Matrox Millennium g400max
            Adaptec 2940U2W
            IBM 9gb U2W
            Plextor 8/20 cdr
            Diamond MX300
            3com 905b-tx

Comment

I have my doubts about little YS there. Sounds like a 14 year old to me. Nobody in charge of "many thousand" (a whimsical number) purchases would manage to call anyone a twat. If you do, you've just sacrificed any business integrity you might have had. Go 'way.

-Wombat
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The Matrox stance on W2K G400 drivers is unquestionably appaling. I remember during the beta phase of NT3.51 and NT4 that Matrox took the lead in providing drivers, and put other companies to shame.

I have exchanged any number of emails with Matrox over the last few months, and I have become exasperated with their attitude. My previous post represents my official (corporate persona) position - the one I take to meetings.

Wombat - next time you're in New York, drop me a line.

I'll introduce you to the trading desk I develop systems for, and the infrastructure guys who pretty much have the same opinion as me over Matrox and drivers. They even use the same language.

I shan't get into personal attacks (14 years old? actually just turned 34), but you would do well to remember that not everyone in a business environment calls a spade an "earth-inverting horticultural implement".

Comment

hey... i am 14! why do you guys always use us for an example

Comment

I installed Windows 2000 on my secondary machine yesterday. Now, I've purchased several videocards during the last couple of years, and what I noticed is none of them have anything approaching full support for Win2K. None.

Microsoft claims they don't support the Rage Fury. ATI claims they don't intend to post drivers anytime in the near future and suggest using the drivers that come with Win2K.

3dfx, unless I'm missing something, has not posted any drivers for Win2k. Now there are so-called "unofficial" drivers floating around, but they seem to require significant patching and people are reporting problems with them.

So I stuck my old G200 in the machine, assured by forum members that I would at least get a display.

YS should take up his problems with Matrox with his mommy, whom I am sure is the root of said problems. (Did she beat you? Clearly not enough!)

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 16 October 1999).]

Comment

Actually I think YS's attitude is the result of many late nights out in the barn yard. Bahhhh!!!

Rags

Comment

Hi,

Think my feelings about Matrox's support for Win2k have been well and truly documented and I think I have used harsher words than "Twats".

I do influence corporate purchases and as many people need the stablilty of NT with the usability of Win98, this only realy leaves Win2k. Seeing as Matrox do not fully support either NT or Win2k, this only leaves me to say "What a bunch of f*&#ing twats".

Pige

Comment

Here are some quotes from Microsoft's Win2K newsgroup about TNT and TNT2 support:

"Are there any TNT drivers that support Direct3D and will work with the
                          Diamond Viper 550 under RC2 (2138)? dxdiag indicates the hardware d3d is not
                          supported."

"AFAIK, not at present. I heard that Microsoft as of RC1+ require graphic
                          drivers to be based on the DX7 core to allow D3D to be enabled. nVidias
                          drivers are still based on DX6.1, so until they get their act together we're
                          hosed."

"Don't bother, it's not accurate. For example, it lists a number of TNT
                          accelerators, however they do NOT have hardware D3D support."

"Saw over on VoodooExtreme that Tim Sweeney of Epic was quoted as saying that
                          he has a TNT2 working under RC2 with stable D3D/DX7 and OpenGL support. So
                          the drivers do exist, it's just a matter of waiting until they get leaked.

"Success with OpenGL (slow...), Lock up with D3D. Win2k RC2 with TNT 2 3.36 drivers, UT Demo 338"

So all is not a bed of roses on the nVidia front. Apparently, there are serious issues related to DirectX 6.1, which the nVidia drivers use, and DirectX 7. The quotes were taken from articles posted during the last three weeks or so. The newest nVidia drivers have theoretical D3D support.

I can't defend Matrox for it's NT support, it certainly doesn't appear to be a priority, but this W2K business is a little silly. It's a jungle out there.

Paul
                          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hi,

I have no problems running Win2k with my Diamond 770 vanilla.

I successfully run Quake3 and Homeworld with this card....... but getting the G400M to work is a joke.

Pige

Comment

What's rediculous is that you need to be a game developer to be able to use alpha drivers for a beta OS. I mean, sure for a released OS, I can understand that Matrox is risking their reputation, but for a beta OS - common - get real! If it doesn't work, people always blame M$.

I think that Matrox should open the Win2k drivers for ANYONE who wants them. Just like many other companies do (not just for video cards!)

------------------
                              P2c-300a/450, 192MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Creative Labs AWE64 Gold Sound Blaster, A-Trend Voodoo II 12MB, Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X