Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD : Best Cinemaster (Region Selector 2.10) Surface Flip Mode (??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD : Best Cinemaster (Region Selector 2.10) Surface Flip Mode (??)

Could anybody tell me what flip mode is the best to use with the g400? It's not in the list, so I'm wondering what kind it uses.
    I think the Matrox DVD defaults to Trident/Neomagic flip, but that can't be right...

thanks.
    Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
    Enter The Sphere:
    go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

hmmm oh well..

never mind.

trident/neomagic flip overlay is the only one that seems to work properly with DVDMax, so that has to be the one.
    Enter The Sphere:
    go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

I found DVD region selector 1.96 from www.dvdutils.com. Click on the Ati/Cinemaster tab, then select the ‘more’ tab for extra options, in here go to the ‘surface flip mode’ pull down window. I changed mine to DDFLIP -Even interleaved(TNT). It immediately solved the problem. I could repeat the problem by setting it back again, so this must be the answer.

By the way the one setting which did not work was Overlay/Rivra128/Matrox ? figure that one out.

Anyway see if it works for you, remember I am in the UK using PAL, so you may need a different setting. If it does not work for you. Let me know and I will use Norton registry tracker to find out which registry settings are affected

Comment

This depends on which Cinemaster engine you are using. The newest one, being 2.0.35.6012, is the only one the works with multi0layred DVDs. The Trident/Neomagic mode sucks big time. The quality as awful, where as Overlay (TNT128/Matrox) looks much better. I have a PIII 450, and for me, I like soft-deInterlace the best. Absolute best picture quality!

Also, if you use Cinemaster 2.0.35.6012, then you should use DVD Region Selector 2.2 Beta 3 or later. Otherwise, use 2.1

Larry
        3D Audio Immersion www.3dai.net

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone as any guesses as to why RegionSelecter doesn't seem to have any effect on my DVD playback. I am using 220b3, and whenever I make changes and click Apply and run a DVD (either thru the g400 player or the Win98 player), the picture looks exactly the same (I was changing the de-interlacing mode (soft-deint), also changed the quality (Basic/Full/Katmai enhanced). All look the same. When I bring up the control panel, the settings are as they were before I ran region selector which tells me that region selector is not changing the settings where it needs to. I'm thinking that maybe my registry has duplicate entries for the cinemaster decoder or something and regionselector is modifying the one not used by the player? Any suggestions would be helpful...

thanks!

------------------
          -JD
          P3-600
          G400
          128MB
          Intel SE440BX2
          Win98
          -JD
          P3-600
          G400
          128MB
          Intel SE440BX2
          Win98

Comment

Soft-Deinterlace doesnt work here... it gives me a critical error and boots me back to Windows..
            I do have a Celeron366@550, so speed isn't the problem...
            Enter The Sphere:
            go.to\matroxsphere

Comment

I've had that problem too. I've noticed with the latest engine 2.035, that that problem goes away. But then you need to use regionselector 220b3, and then I have the problem with the settings not taking affect after the second modification.

The first time I run regionselector220b3 after upgrading to the latest cinemaster 2.035, RS reports cinemaster98, and the settings I select take affect. The next time I run it (maybe after a reboot, I can't remember), it reports cinemaster99, and the settings don't take affect.

For some reason either with the latest engine or the latest regionselector, instead of modifying HKLM/software/quadrant international/cinemaster/0.9 settings, it wants to update HKLM/software/divicore inc/cinemaster/2.0 and those settings don't seem to take affect. No clue as to why and which is the correct one.

P.S. If you use the built-in Win98 DVD player, you should be able to use Soft-deint without the 2.035 cinemaster...
              -JD
              P3-600
              G400
              128MB
              Intel SE440BX2
              Win98

Comment

Quick guess: the engine only decodes the stream, displaying is done by the player. If thats true and you have a mixture between old Player (Cinemaster98 or MatrxoDVD) and new engine (...0.35) you'll get a registry mixup.
                You should try the new ATI Player (aka Cinemaster 99). A good thing (TM) before using the new angine and Region Selector >2.20 is to remove every registry entry belonging to Cinemaster. I did that after i had very weird effects from static noise in audio output to no changes when using Region Selector. After a cleanup everything went fine.
                Afaik does Region Selector 2.50 recognise old and new Registry entries and should work with a 0.35 MatroxDVD combination.

Comment

Working...
                X