shared IRQ and G400 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shared IRQ and G400 Max

I am having many the same problem as everyone else with freezing with graphics artifacts. I have a BD100 IWILL motherboard and can't seem to isolate my G400 card, I have a lot of hardware at the moment I have my G400 and Kingston ethernet card to DSL sharing IRQ 11 and cant for the life of me work out how to seperate them. I have disables SB16 dos emulation on my SBlive and have IRQ9 free for the ethernet card but cant figure out how to change the settings.

device manager won't let me change and the bios so far has moved both cards to IRQ9.

I have already removed another local network card and ISA SCSI for my scanner, and still have a adaptec scsi, DC30+, SB Live, wacom graphics tablet, parallel port CD burner HP6l laserjet and a tektronix colour laser on my lan.

I am also wondering if it is a power suply issue and realy need the other network card and scanner running to access both printers.

If snyone can help at all I would be most gratefull, at the moment I just want to get the network card onto irq 9 and take it from there..

Thanks for any help

Adrian T

All mobos share the IRQ of one of the PCI slots with the AGP slot. Most likely, your NIC is is that slot (first PCI slot on most mobos). Move the NIC to a different PCI slot. The only way to get the G400 on an IRQ by itself is to leave that PCI slot empty, or put a card in there that does not use an IRQ.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

yep, put that NIC in another slot! This will force windows to assign to it another IRQ... hopefully not the same as the G4...

Comment

Working...
      X