Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a quote from ant for all that have missed it ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quote from ant for all that have missed it ...

Quote:

"Whatever is in 5.21 it is not the OpenGL ICD that was expected. I've tested it against the "5.2x" beta ICD I have patched into 5.13.
    Pentium III 500, Quake 2, I only ran these at 16-bit, didn't need to go any further.

beta vs 5.21

640...82.4 67.7
    800...78.5 66.3
    1024..64.5 44.0

If I then patch the 5.21 drivers with the beta ICD I get:

1024..65.1"

p.s.: hey , ANT , how about posting the beta drivers ? (eheheh)

I'm really loosing my fate to Matrox. They promised more performance but instead of giving, they took it away...

Micko

Comment

But you may find that they have given you stability?

Comment

Yes, stability like icons flying around when I just rearanged them! ;-)

Comment

Yes, they may give stability, but with BIG performance hit, like Ant shows...

[This message has been edited by Micko (edited 09-02-1999).]

Comment

I thought Nvidia's marketing " in x hours world will change" was good, but Matrox does it better!

They gave fast beta drivers to reviewers to show fast framerates to public and then they made slower (but stable) drivers to the customers who bought their cards, who expected 40% framerate boost on OGL games...

Comment

Sounds like a PR stunt to me too..

_
              B

Comment

Shall we all send mail to Matrox regarding this? If it really was a marketing trick than I feel taken!

Comment

Yeah...

Comment

I really doubt they would something like this for PR... unless they really want to go out of business.

Maybe we should give them a couple of days to sort out their version control/build process...

M.
                    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Folks this is not a marketing trick it's just a good old fashion cock up.

Comment

i installed 5.21 and for the first time open gl on my pc works. for some reason when i luancehed halflife in ogl mode it crashed my system in 5.15, 5.13 ect.... so all in all im happy with the new driver. now if i only had the balls to overclock my card. (im not sure i want to do it just yet, im afrade i will fry my card, due to some unexpected resolts with 2 savage 4 cards(smoked both of them in sec's) maybe it was the cheap cl card i don't know, i just don't want to have to wait for a replacement if i do cook my card.

------------------
                        spec's Here are some real spec's. bore dia 7.62 cartrage length 54mm(rimed) rate of fire who cares you can empty a full 30 round clip in 3 seconds, effective range with high powered scope 1500 yards. (kill's recorded at this range)who needs a cheap shot gun when you can use a russan sniper riffle to blow someones head off from half a mile away. cost 1595.00 at any gun show or special order.
                        msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                        it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I have 14 days still left to send G400 back, should I?
                          I feel myself cheated....

Comment

No reason to feel cheated I think, Matrox are just going for 'Elite status' in the art of making mistakes...
                            P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY????????????

That about sums it up.

Oh well, my G400 MAX will be here today. Into the hellmouth I go.

------------------
                              Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 256MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium G200 AGP, Millennium II, Voodoo2 SLI, Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster 32, Altec Lansing AC5 spkrs, 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba XM-6102b CD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/96kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 96MB of non-parity RAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C900, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, OS of the week

All specs subject to change.
                              The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
                              The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
                              The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
                              X