LAN quit working when G400 installed :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN quit working when G400 installed :-(

My lan which worked ok and uses Sygate to get my wife's PC on the net up and quit when I installed the G400, apparently. I have the following in my system:

BH6, c450a, G400 DH, 3Com NIC, IBM GXP 10 gig, Advansys SCSI-2 controller, 1G Jaz, Teac 6x24 burner, Creative Ensoniq sound card, Memorex 36x CD-ROM(IDE). The G400 and SCSI share IRQ 11. 10 is also shared by 2 things. I believe the NIC has 5 by itself.

Go to 3com's website, and download the "basic" drivers for your NIC. They have issues with several of their cards when using the "full" drivers with certain video cards...and G400 is one of them...

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/index.htm
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The following is one suggestion...

PCI1: free
      PCI2: SCSI controller
      PCI3: 3COM
      PCI4: free
      PCI5: Ensoniq

Avoid some IRQ sharing if possible. That means if you use PS/2 mouse, disable COM1 or COM2 in your BIOS. Otherwise, disable PS/2 mouse's IRQ.
      P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Thanks! guys, I am getting that driver now, it may help to have the latest. I should mention, I was wrong, the NIC has 9 by itself and I think has all along. I moved my SCSI card and managed to get the G400 11 all by itself. It SHOULD work now, I hope!

Comment

Kruzin, you were right on with the drivers! How did you know 3com nics have issues with the G400? Anyway, thanks! It is back up and working now. My wife may not kill me now, for screwing up her internet!

Comment

Working...
          X