DV500 vs RT2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV500 vs RT2000

Hey i've about to buy me a dv-editing solution for my pc.

Some questions though:

+Does the DV500 and the RT2000 *both* use the same chipset from c-cube?
    +Someone told me that dv500 edited in mpeg2 mode instead of dv mode like rt2000 did.
    +Is mpeg2 i frame mode the only frame accurate mode that can be used?
    +What's the best codec DV vs. Mpeg2 I frame only mode regarding quality, filesize, compress time??
    +Is the win2k drivers, codec for the dv500 in anyways smp optimized?
    +Is the win2k drivers out? (i cant find anything on pinnacle site)
    +What about matrox RT2000 drivers? Is it gonna be the same story as allways? Silence?

Thanks for all very good info in the forum.

BTW: Could anybody recommend a good and cheap DV camera? under 1500£?

--Dragmore

The DV500 and the RT2000 both use the C-Cube DVXpress25 chip. But, in case of the DV500, Pinnacle limited it so that it only edits in native DV, not in MPEG2. It can only output DVD MPEG2, with accelerated rendering. The RT2000 can edit in native DV or MPEG2, your choice when creating a new project. It can output to DVD MPEG2 too, but this needs accelerated rendering too.

------------------
    Jan De Wever - Leuven, Belgium
    Anyvision Media Services
    Jan De Wever - Leuven, Belgium
    Anyvision Media Services

Comment

If you've got £1500 you don't need to buy a 'cheap' DV camera. You've got the pick of the bunch for that sort of money, 3CCD, whatever you like.

Buy What Camcorder or similar magazine from WH Smiths and read some of the reviews.

Comment

I agree..1500 pounds will buy you a great prosumer DV cam. I myself have two DV cams, a Canon XL1, and its little brother the GL1. The XL1 is the most impressive MiniDV cam I've worked with, but it's out of your range at $3700(USD). The GL1, on the other hand, is a strong contender, is nearly half the price at $2100(USD), is almost identical in image quality, and comes close to the XL1's feature set. I recommend the GL1 to anyone that regularly shoots weddings, special avents, etc.

Hope I could help!

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X