Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HardOCP tests Coppermine with G400!!!!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HardOCP tests Coppermine with G400!!!!!??

He does not want us to know, but look at this:
    http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/cpus/...winstone99.jpg

Yeahh, Powerdesk running in the background!!!!

The rest of the preview can be found here: http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/cpus/...nepreview.html

-jm

[This message has been edited by jms (edited 13 October 1999).]

Nice dig !!!

At least they use a Matrox card ...

But to be honest the CPU is not even twice as fast as my Celery (~42 CPU marks) and I really expected more.

Interesting that WCPUID says 'Pentium III (Coppermine)' and Sandra names it 'Celeron III' ...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Working Rig:
    Asus P2B-DS @ 103MHz FSB
    Double Pentium III-450 @ 464 MHz
    4 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
    Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead
    Nokia 445Xi (21")
    Nokia 447Xpro (17")

Home Rig:
    Asus P2B-S Bios 1010 @ 112MHz FSB
    Celeron 300A @ 504MHz
    2 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
    Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead @ 150/200MHz
    CTX VL710T (17")
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

WCPUID also says it has 32KB L1 Cache (I+D), although Coppermines are supposed to have 64K L1 Cache... weird, perhaps this "preproduction sample" is equipped with less L1 cache or maybe it's just a li'l bug in WCPUID...

------------------
      ... There's No Spoon!
      ... There's No Spoon!

Comment

Intel has confirmed that Coppermine still has 32KB L1 cache...

I think the main reason is that large fast L1 cache won't help P6 core's speed very much since its decoder is faster than its execution units.

Instead, Larger & Faster L2 cache will be helpful for some multimedia instruction set
        and applications.
        P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

I linked to the pictures earlier I am sure
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Not surprised he is running a G400 to do this. It's the only card that could be counted on to run stably with the AGP overclocked that highly. It makes me want to strangle the wuss though, since he coyly refuses to tell the readers what card he is using. How many people out there would know what PDESK.EXE is who aren't already Matrox users? The average Joe Moron will probably think he can do this with his V770U because, "after all, isn't that the best card available?"

------------------
            Kind Regards,

KvH

[This message has been edited by KvHagedorn (edited 14 October 1999).]

Comment

Hey check this guys site he has it right! And take note of the second story..

Trainwrecker Computer Addicts

Comment

"this guys site"?
                Trying to generate some hits for your site there, LAMFDTK?
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

heeheh I really don't try to prostitute that page here but it was a door left open.
                  Sorry

Comment

haha
                    ROTFLMAO
                    Nice one Kruzin!
                    Sorry LAMFDTK, but that IS funny.
                    hehehe
                    Well done. Guess it was the way you worded it.

Comment

Well, I emailed Kyle this:

Hello,
                      It's obvious to any Matrox user, when they looked at your post and saw
                      PDesk.exe as an application running in the background, that this DOES
                      suggest you were using a Matrox (prob G400/Max) video card.
                      And you have received dozens if not hundreds of mail like this. I am sure.
                      Sorry to be the next person to burden you with this query...but why keep
                      this hush hush when you were only asked to not show pictures of the CPU?

His response:

Just have our reasons bro....

Surprised? It was worth a try.

Comment

You can be sure that he made some sort of deal with nVidia and/or 3Dfx not to use Matrox cards, or something in that direction...
                        Just my 2 cents.
                        -jm

Comment

Anyone check the legal implications for not disclosing a full system spec when qoting the benchmark? Its on the screengrab.

Maybe we should ask someone at the benchmark coys. to 'ask' him to fess up.

In fact is specifically states in section 10, clause VI:'VI Identify the exact 3D accelerator manufacturer and brand name, 3D accelerator type, driver name, driver version, DirectX version, amount of video memory on card, bus type, monitor name and any other special conditions used in the 3D Accelerator drivers to achieve the result; (e.g. Creative Blaster Voodoo2 12Mb, 3D Accelerator name: Voodoo2 3D Accelerator, Driver name: 3dfx32v2.dll, Driver version: 4.10.01.0158, DirectX Version: 4.06.00.0318, Total Video Memory On Card: 4096MB, PCI Bus, Panasonic P70 monitor, Vsync disabled from the drivers.)

What do you reckon? I got the email to OCP ready to go......

Comment

Would have been nice to see Matrox next to those immense benchmark numbers. Would have gotten under nVidias' and 3dfxs' marketing skin. Heh.

Comment

Go get 'em, Waxling. Looks like you have him nailed, and ppl should know that he's using a Matrox card.

-Wombat

------------------
                              K6-2/350@400, 503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, Millenium G200, RH6.1 w/ 2.2.12-20, Win98, and too many classes

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X