Soyo SY-6BA+ Motherboard
    256mb pc100
    25gb IBM HD
    G400 Mill 32mb DH
    SB Live Value
    Advance SYS scsi
    Toshiba sd-m1212 DVD
    IIyama 17" Pro

I have just installed a Matrox G400 Mill DH 32MB into a Soyo SY-6BA+ motherboard, whenever i start up my PC i get the following message during POST, spd not found at Dimms (2), i have checked my memory slots which consist of 2x128mb pc100, the memory is seated correct, does anyone know of a soloution to my problem or why i get this message.

go into your bios and change your agp apature size to 256

also make sure all ram shadowing for video is off.

------------------
    EVIL IS GOOD. EVIL IS LIVE SPELLED BACKWARD AND WE ALL WANT TO LIVE RIGHT ?
    INTEL EVIL INSIDE, INTEL SPYCHIP INSIDE
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I've just did that but still same error message

Comment

The message means your SDRAM Configuration in the BIOS is set at By SPD while your RAM can't handle that.

Nothing to worry about, is my guess, but if you want to get rid of the message, set it to something else and then set the CAS Latency and all the others by hand as well...

Jorden.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
        X