Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amiga1200 for video titling - help please

Hi Chaps

I have been using my trusty OLD Amiga1200 for creating animations and excellent video titling. BUT my problem is transfer quality, i.e. When I use the RF lead to Either the G200 Marvel or straight to the S-VHS edit deck the picture is very 'blury', even using composite video out and a GOOD quality connection from the Amiga the picture quality is not good. But it is great on the Amiga monitor.

I like and use the Amiga a lot. Is there any way I can get a better quality link going here. The Amiga also has RGB connector output. Would this be better?

If so how do I get it into the Matrox Marvel G200 any Ideas guys - please?

My Panasonic S-VHS deck has Scart input, is this suitable for RGB linking somehow?

If anyone can help, please advise.

Please don't say by a genlock cuz I don't have the money right now and cheap ones I am told are not that good quality. Second hand one for sale please anyone?

Thanks chaps

Biker

------------------

One for the Doc.

He's got Amigas and Ataris coming out of his ears.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Is that Dr Mordrid?

------------------

Comment

Hi All

Excuse me answering my own question after 8 days, but I see Dr Mordrid is back! And I am hoping he may see this and be able to make some suggestions.

Thanks

Biker

------------------

Comment

Hi,

The A1200's RF vidout isn't up to the Matrox standards to start with since it's a 1980's design. A good one for the time to be sure, but still 1980's. Given that there is a lot you can to to improve things.

There is a cable out "there" that adapts the luma/chroma signals present on the Amiga's Analog RGB connector (they're there for use by a genlock adapter) to S-Video. You might want to check around for one and us it to plug it into the SVHS or BOB's S-Video input.

In NTSC, my local standard, the default output resolution of the Amiga is 640x480 in underscan mode. This can make the video fuzzy when it's scaled up to the Marvel's 704x480 overscan. Think VideoCD.

I'd start by setting the Amiga's output to overscan at a the video resolution you are using with your Marvel. Then you eliminate any scaling losses. For NTSC this would be 704x480, 704x576 for PAL

You also want to make sure the color intensities you use in your titler are no higher than 80% of the maximum values. Example: If max red is 255 don't use a value higher than about 204 TOPS. I'd try to keep red below 190 myself.

On the Marvel side you might also want to tweak the settings in PC-VCR to boost the contrast level. This should help the colors and sharpness.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 05 December 1999).]

Comment

Hi DrMordrid

Just to say - Thanks Doc!

I sure will make good use of your advice. 1st by trying to track down a 'cable' diagram.

Amiga newsgroups may help there.

Didn't know about the MAX colour level settings - but that explains a few things.

I hope Scala 400 and Home titler supports the alterations to their background colours - No doubt I will have fun trying.

Also can anyone reccomend a GOOD video titler for PC's?

Thanks gain

Adrian (Biker)

------------------

Comment

i`ve had 1200`s for years, still got two, accelerated, there is a composite video output at the rear, if not using a genlock, feed this comp output into your b.o.b

peterlee

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X