Editing Monitor Customization (mpr) Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Monitor Customization (mpr) Files

I second that question...and creating them for .infs would be nice too...none of my monitors are on "The List"

Tried viewing one with notepad, and it's beyond me.

I just save them after creation, stick them in a folder for use. I only keep a 100Hz and 120Hz for my most often used resolutions.

If you want to speed up the process, try multiple clicks on the refresh up arrow. Then you can advance more than one Hz at a time. Too many clicks though, and there is no stopping it till it maxes out the monitor and it says, Oh! No!, I can't handle it and you start over.

Anyway, approach this with caution as I would guess it be hard on the hardware.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 12 October 1999).]
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Comment

It's such a drag...
      I like the fact its so customizable, but surely this could have been made a lot easier.
      I'm shaking every time my $700 monitor has to change res 20 times in a row! I cant believe this wouldn't shorten the lifespan of my monitor in someway.

The problem is also the relatively "short" monitor list. it only contains old monitors nobody uses! (ok maybe...)
      We should be able to expand the list somehow...

Maybe Matrox could do something about this in their next drivers.
      I had hoped there was somekind of util to view/edit these mpr files, but so far havent found anything.
      Only thing there is is the PD5 res manager, which does nothing about refresh rates, which makes this util kinda useless...

this is actually the only thing of PD that anoys me, and thats a shame.
      Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
      Enter The Sphere:
      go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

SCompRacer's first PC was an Acer in '96, (was a Mac man before that) and it was not long before I started building boxes for myself.

I upgraded the video card in the Acer to a Diamond Stealth 2000 (4 MB!), and in process of changing resolutions a couple of times in a row without restarting, I blew out the old Acer monitor. SNAP, and it went dead!
        MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
        Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
        512MB regular Crucial PC2100
        Matrox P
        X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
        LianLiPC70

Comment

Editing Monitor Customization (mpr) Files

Does anyone have an idea on how to quickly edit mpr files?
          I want to make quick changes without having to go through 10 test-screens every time i want to change the refresh rate of a particular resolution/coulour depth.

would be grateful for any help...
          Enter The Sphere:
          go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

I knew it!
            Enter The Sphere:
            go.to\matroxsphere

Comment

Methinks you can preselect the refresh rate when customizing. I no longer own a PowerDesk using product (insert tears here) so I can't say exactly how I did it.
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

yeah but you still have to go through the testing phase...

hey, i know what my monitor can handle... I dont need this testing phase!!
                Enter The Sphere:
                go.to\matroxsphere

Comment

1- You can pre-select the refresh to test by selecting the "adjust a different mode" wizard button. The current mode listed with all the other modes.

2- During test, if you want to increase your refresh more than 1 Hz at a time, keep the up arrow button down - the value will increment without changing your display. Releasing the button will apply the refresh.

3- During test, if your monitor doesn'yt sync anymore, press ALT+U to undo the last change. All changes are saved in the undo stack, so you can make multiple undos until you get back to the last "good" display settings you had.

Hope this helps a bit

Phoenix.

Comment

Thanks Phoenix, but I wanna know how i can bypass the testing bit...
                    simply because you have to do it for every res, and then for 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit AND 32-bit!
                    It's terrible!

[This message has been edited by WereWolf (edited 15 October 1999).]
                    Enter The Sphere:
                    go.to\matroxsphere

Comment

Working...
                    X