simple G200 overclocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple G200 overclocking?

O.K. My Millenium G200 8MB is kinda old and I'd like to try and get some more performance out of it (just for fun).
    What's the easiest way to overclock this thing?
    It's quite cool inside my case so I doubt heat is gonna be a problem.

I can't really overclock my CPU (PII 350) so I want to at least try to tweak my old G200.

Hey Dentaku...

The easiest way to overclock your G200 is to find a program called powerstrip ... and you just maybe able to overclock that PII-350... if you wish, post back and I will try to help you some more...

Here is a link to a site that has the powerstrip shareware program...

<a href="http://epsilon.silicon.net.my/adrian/Files.htm">The link to the PSTRIP PROGRAM</a>

After you get the program installed.. start it up... and you will (after a few introduction screens) see a little toolbar on your desktop.. on the right of the toolbar will be a button with a exclamation mark(if I remember correctly)... RIGHT CLICK on the button to pop up the screen that has a little slider bar to speed up your graphics card memory clock.... it is a simple way to adjust your cards overclocked rate... just be careful to do it a step at a time... and be sure to run the card at the higher setting in a graphics intensive program (games are a good bet) or a graphics card benchmark program and see if there are any artifacts that show up on your screen... if it works.. try it a little higher... it has been a while but I believe that the default memory speed of the G200 is 113 according to powerstip... you can take it up 2 or 3 MHZ at a time until you start to get corruption showing up on your screen... then back it off a little bit, and voila... an overclocked video card. (It is a possibility that you may have to reset the memory slider everytime you start your computer.. (One of the things about the shareware version... but oh well.)

I think that is right.. and if it isn't.. I will just have to try again to help if you want it.

Charles

------------------
    PII-412, 256MB, 26.8 GB, 16MB G200 Mystique, LS-120, 48x Creative CD, SB 128
    PII-412, 256MB, 26.8 GB, 16MB G200 Mystique, LS-120, 48x Creative CD, SB 128

Comment

Working...
    X