Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboGl wont install

Help...

After installing a fresh install of WIN98SE , all is well except that TurboGL is not installed, (I have a PentiumIII 450Hz), if I try to manually install it says

'The version of Matrox Powerdesk currently installed doesn't support this version of TurbGL, please install the version of Powerdesk which came with TurboGl'

What's going on , system information tell me I am using Powerdesk 5.30.007 which is correct..

And why does it ask for Disk 2 when installing 5.30 ?

W.

I'm curious. Did you install the driver, in Standard VGA Adapter mode using *only* the setup program, or did you do it though Windows Display Properties, using the inf file?

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I used the setup program from the CD after using the matrox unistall utility, then when all was up and running applied the 5.30 over the top.

Even if I uninstall then unver VGA mode just run the 5.30 I do not get TurboGL to install and am asked for disk 2...

Comment

I had that problem as well, whiplash. Just disable the Dual Head option totally. Then you'll see it will install

It won't work with DH Clone/Zoom or DH on 2 monitors, and desktop expansion on or off.

Try that and tell me if it worked... did in my case

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 13 October 1999).]
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

you should also use the uninstaller before installing PD5.30 ...

------------------
          Cheers,
          Maggi

Working Rig:
          Asus P2B-DS @ 103MHz FSB
          Double Pentium III-450 @ 464 MHz
          4 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
          Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead
          Nokia 445Xi (21")
          Nokia 447Xpro (17")

Home Rig:
          Asus P2B-S Bios 1010 @ 112MHz FSB
          Celeron 300A @ 504MHz
          2 x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
          Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead @ 150/200MHz
          CTX VL710T (17")
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Aha!! That's why I had to manually install that 5.30 because it wouldn't install. It just copied files and restarted my computer. But no no drivers nor TGL. no nhada. I had dualhead enabled AND didn't run the uninstaller utility (though I changed to VGA, deleted g400 files in system and cleaned registry)

I really wonder why that isn't mentioned in the release_notes.txt file.

Would have spared me a re-install of win98.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help, everything is fine now.

The problem was solved by using the unistall utility, rebboting to VGA then when the stupid error insert disk 2 came up for the 5.30 drivers, I cancelled then clicked onthe install.inf file, then install.

Hey presto the TurboGL search my disk, installed and allis fine now.

Also for the first time ever Expendable now runs perfectly instead of dropping to the desktop on startup.

Comment

Just found the bug in the TurboGL Manager - the fix will be an easy one. Sorry for all those who experienced this problem

Before anyone asks, I don't know when it will be available in a released driver.

The problem is indeed related to having DualHead Multi-Display enabled. If you disable it and then run the TurboGL manager, it should work as expected.

Phoenix

Comment

Working...
                X