Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its just getting wierder and wierder....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its just getting wierder and wierder....................

Ok, with the 5.30 drivers i now have agpx2 as default, what I also have is several games completely locking and two others (unreal and unreal tournament) having the sound out of sync with the video, in fact the sound is perhaps half a second behind the action!!!!........I have no idea as to what is causing that. Of course hacki9ng it back to agpx1 fixes it!!!...of course.
    ANyone any ideas.
    My sound card is an ISA Creative awe64 (oem).....is there a problem with ISA cards and agp??.......perhaps this explains the other games (both racing sims incidentally) both locking up.....as again returning to agpx1 alleviates the locking.......help!!

If the problem is a clash between the ISA card and the agpx2 spec can someone recommend a soundcard that will NOT conflict with the Matrox Max...???

Comment

Don't know about the MAX/AGP/ISA relation. But, I've used 2 vortex cards, a Diamond MX200 (vortex) and a Diamond MX300 (vortex2). I haven't seen or heard any problems related to the sound card's interaction with my MAX. There are also some new vortex2 cards with a newer revision of the chip, but I haven't tried them. I also don't have any first hand knowledge of problems, but have heard of some with SB LIVEs. Not sure if they've been worked out, but have have truelly anoid many.

Mark F.

------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
      --------------------------------------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Comment

Hmmmm........the odd thing is how the agp settng can effect the sound card so dramatically!!......can anyone explain how it is doing this.......very strange.

Comment

is the sound being read off of a cd?
          jim

------------------
          PIII-500mhz @ 620!
          Abit BE6 mobo
          128mb pc-100
          Mill G400(YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 305 with MGATweak)
          PD 5.30
          Maxtor 13.2 gb Uata66 hdd
          SB Live!
          Winblows 98se
          DX7
          THREE BIG FANS, six little ones and a case that sounds like a turbine engine...doh!

System 1:
          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
          Epox 8K7A
          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
          SBLIVE 5.1
          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
          3Com Hardware Modem
          Teac 20/10/40 burner
          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Try increasing the speed of the ISA bus. I had this problem with my old AWE32, the sound was delayed and the screened paused and jittered occasionaly. To increase the speed, somewhere in the BIOS, there is AT bus clock setting. Try setting it to 1/2 or the highest mhz rating it has. The fraction is the fractional speed of the PCI bus. If that doesn't do it, try enabling or disabling delayed transaction in the bios also. If this fails, try upgrading your sound card.

Comment

i would recomend lossing all isa cards. not only will you get better sound your system preformance will go up as much as 10% the isa bus slows down your whole system.

------------------
              EVIL IS GOOD. EVIL IS LIVE SPELLED BACKWARD AND WE ALL WANT TO LIVE RIGHT ?
              INTEL EVIL INSIDE, INTEL SPYCHIP INSIDE
              msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
              it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
              X