5.30 drivers and G400 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.30 drivers and G400 MAX

I've yust istalled the new 5.30 drivers.

What was happening with previous drivers, still happens:

My G400 MAX dual head is reported into "Control Panel - System" as a G400 dual head.

Could somebody explain it to me?

My card serial mumber: FAO88469

Of course info reported by "Screen - Properties" are right: Matrox Millenium G400 MAX AGP.

I suppose the installed drivers are anyway right (same for all g400).

Lorenzo
    Italy

Hi lorenzoc.

The same prob. for me. It has never displayed G400 MAX.

Why?

/Carl-Adam

Comment

does it matter? just check it with mgatweak or similar.
      [ j c o l e ]

Comment

There is only ONE driver for every G400-series board.

(I have a MAX too and it is reported as a G400 DH)

------------------
        PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

Yeah, a Max is just clocked faster, and the faster dac or whatever that is.heh.

My g400 was supposed to be a max anyways so thats where I clock it and it works great.

Comment

It's a fact that not single MAX card identify as G400 MAX at control panel. that's not a bug. It's a feature.
            But drivers should know it's MAX. But in screen - properties it should read MAX. If not start to worry

--
            Arto
            --
            Cirrus

Comment

in the info panel of display properties is where it says it is a max. it also tells you the serial number there also.

Comment

I took a glance at the SETUP.INI file in the 5.30 package: there is a "string" for G400 MAX Dual Head, so I continue to ask myself why our MAX cards are wrongly reported.

Is it only a mistake or Matrox wants to hide us some strange card features (i.e. I've read on this forum that seems that Matrox released some G400 "vanilla" with MAX fan connector, so maybe in this case we could see "vanilla" reported as MAX).

Haig, do you know something abot the subject?

Lorenzo
                Italy

Comment

Hey lorenzoc,

try this...uninstall with the matrox uninstaller, then when windows comes up and ask for the driver, point it to the directory where you unzipped the 5.3 files and load install.inf. select "show all devices"... the g400 max DH is near the bottom of the list, i got caught on this the first time through...it still reads as a matrox millenium g400 dual-head-english in device manager.

if you make sure that you select the right device at installation time, it doesn't make any difference what windows say it is or isn't. windows might warn you that "this driver was not..blah blah blah! just ignore this and "press on" with the installation. good luck.

chucky

Comment

If you do it that way, the TurboGL will not install (if the system will support it). The setup program must be run.

It's been said already...THEY USE THE SAME DRIVER FILES. It does not matter what it is ID'd as. It runs the same drivers if it's a MAX or not.
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                    X