Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Matrox Guys

Hey there Rom or Haig.

I've noticed a strange delay with redrawing the desktop (wallpaper bmp) which was never present with my old TNT. If I minimize everything down to the desktop, it takes my computer a few seconds to redraw the desktop wallpaper. This delay was never present with my old TNT.

I originally thought it was because I was using a JPG wallpaper, I converted it to BMP, no help. I tried several different wallpapers varying in size, no help there either.

What's up?

------------------
    ABIT BH6 rev 1.0, Pentium 2 SL2W8 300MHz -> 464MHz, 192MB SDRAM, Toshiba 6X DVD,
    Matrox Millenium G400 DH @ 150/200, <b>Creative SBLive Value</b>, 3Com Fast Etherlink XL PCI
    Supermicro SC70 ATX 235watt PS,Panasonic Panasync S17
    Last edited by dneal; 20 May 2022, 09:15.

Oh, BTW, overclocked vs. defaults have no effect.

------------------
    ABIT BH6 rev 1.0, Pentium 2 SL2W8 300MHz -> 464MHz, 192MB SDRAM, Toshiba 6X DVD,
    Matrox Millenium G400 DH @ 150/200, <b>Creative SBLive Value</b>, 3Com Fast Etherlink XL PCI
    Supermicro SC70 ATX 235watt PS,Panasonic Panasync S17
    Last edited by dneal; 20 May 2022, 09:14.

Comment

Tut tut. You are a Naughty Boy!

we shouldn't be wasting our valuable RAM on such follies as windows wallpaper. Get rid of it. Now!

Problem solved

Smiff

Comment

How big is that bmp and is your hard drive crunching away when the redraw is happening?

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 13 October 1999).]

Comment

did you disable active windows?

------------------
          PII 450@522 (4.5*117 using a modified Tennmax P3TF)
          Matrox G400 vanilla/5ns@ 167/209
          Diamond MX300
          256Mb pc100 ram
          10gb WD
          generic 10/100 NIC

hi

Comment

Well the wallpaper is about 3MB but that wasn't a problem with the TNT. I haven't noticed any hard drive grinding. I defrag every couple days and have at least a gig free.

Comment

3MB?? woah! You better love that picture since this must be slowing down everything... i agree with the others... remove this at once!! Also have you trued disabling some feature in teh Matrox drivers such as bitmap caching?

Z

Comment

I encountered a problem like once. The problem occurred because the wallpaper was being stretched.

I fixed the problem by resizing the bitmap to 1024x768 (or whatever resolution you use) and then setting the display dropdown box to "center".

See if that fixes your problem.

Comment

Working...
                X