Dead Video Showcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Video Showcase

What happened to the video showcase? It hasn't been updated since I last came (which, for you newbies to this forum, was like 4 months ago)...

Bring some video clips up!

Chris, you should hold a contest or some sort to promote desktop video stuff. I mean, some motivation! =)

Hi Ethan,

Yeah, I know. But I already offered my socks as a prize and got no takers. (you may need to do some research on "socks" on that one).

Seriously, the site is totally independent. That means that the ads at the top are the price that "we" (including ALL other MURC sites) pay for free hosting. We all still have to pay our own online charges (can't comment on Ants, but mine work out between £120 and £180 per month). I'm unemployed so my wifes earnings are subsidising the site (just thought I'd make you all feel better).

Competitions are something that I am REALLY keen on, as they have the dual effect of driving up the site hits (which has no effect other than on my ego and perhaps credibility) and of giving all of us some great ideas on future projects. But we need sponsorship to produce prizes. I HAVE been on to Matrox, but their internal organisation has changed since the last time they sponsored a competetion at the site, and I am getting NO answers from the new hierarchy. I've tried 3 times so far without even a response.

I am also trying to broaden the scope of the site to build the site into what it should have been from day 1, which is a meeting place for ALL PC video editors to exchange artistic/cultural ideas rather than a hardware specific helpsite. Work is under way but there is still some way to go...

Comment

I'm using alladvantage.com (at least it works in USA) and it pays to be online. Just get problems like Ghost Mouse or Fake Surf and earn money while I'm at school. I'm sure that could help pay for the site if there was something like that in UK (where you are, right Chris?) Also try free internet access...again, for me, I just know there are a lot of free internet providers (netzero etc.) Gee, I wish I could contribute, but again, I'm only a college student =( no money.

-Ethan

Comment

also www.getpaid4.com

8. Available ANYWHERE in the world!

So I guess you can actually earn money using your computer to pay for internet access?

Hope something works out for you Chris. I definately understand your situation.

Take care,
        -Ethan

p.s. You have a wonderful wife Chris...your wife definately has much character in being with you in these hard times.

Comment

Working...
        X