DVD Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Player

Ok, call me a fool (or ishmael) but i wonder if it is possible to do TV out alone on G400. My theory is, since I don't have a DVD player and my computer is in my office (which has become a multimedia center/cave/escape from reality), that if i wanted to play a DVD on my tv i could just lug my box upstairs plug it in and boom. not something i'd do everyday, but if i have friends over etc. Now I don't want to have to lug my 19 inch monitor upstairs as well. So would it be possible to connect my computer, a la G400, to my tv, use my tv as a monitor and then show fullscreen DVD on it. According to Matrox, TV out is only available as DVD max etc. Anyone have a solution? Thanks. (or i could go buy a DVD player)

------------------

I have a solution...

Well..

not really a solution, call it an alternative: put a second hand old cheapo 14' monitor next to your tv (or near it), then when you haul your pc upstairs (?), just plug it in the monitor AND the tv. That's still a lot cheaper than a DVD player (Region Protection included for free!!)

Just a suggestion.
    Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
    Enter The Sphere:
    go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

well, i'm going to try it with my gf's 17 inch monitor. just testing. but since she made me put in a network to share my cable modem she will be pissed if she can't log onto the net. Of course i don't have to lug my 19 inch monitor upstairs to hook it up to her pc, just to the next room. (but my ps790 looks a heck of a lot better than her micron oem 17 incher so she might be somewhat remiss to give it back)

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X