Okay Haig explain this one! Powerdesk 5.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay Haig explain this one! Powerdesk 5.30

Finally solved the Tiger woods problem. The release notes said the program wouldn't work with the Z Buffer. So I disabled that and it still wouldn't work. So I logged onto the internet to see if there was an upgrade and clicked on the wrong link. This started the program and guess what it started even though the CD wasn't inserted. Everything ran perfectly. Even more interesting trying to start the program with earlier drivers without the cd would crash the computer. I then re-enabled the Z Buffer and it still ran.
    One thing the 5.30 powerdesk has fixed is the moving icons however just one keeps changing to a different icon ever so often then returns back to it's orginal one on rebooting. Also it has returned to it's orginal name that it had a year ago even though I never renamed it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

If you can give me the link to what you weren't supposed to click on, I can include this on the next readme and have the clients goto that link for the fix.

Haig

Comment

Sorry Haig I'm not making myself clear. I tried to click on the upgrade check for Tiger woods which comes with the program. However I clicked on link to run the tiger woods program instead and it ran without the CD inserted.
      Inserting the programme CD causes the program to hang with powerdesk 5.30. Powerdesk 5.25 and earlier the program won't run without the CD. Bizzare but that how it is.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What about my Slice? I need help I'm going away with a group this weekend to play and I cant get my right hand over to close the club face. Haig will this be corrected in the release?

Comment

Do you slice in one particular direction. So if you always slice 45 degrees to your right try aiming an extra 45 degrees to your left. That should fix your problem.
          Four!!!!!!!!!!!

Oi you were that idiot who nearly took my head off while I was walking in the woods the other day where you. If you were give up!
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well,you guys won't like this but here it goes.

We just installed this game on 3 systems in tech supp. Installed it using "typical" install, using DX7 and no problems at all on these 3 systems.

Systems used are:

Dell XPS 300
            AMD P5A K6 III 400
            Asus P2B-F

By any chance, are you guys using 24b color depth for your desktop res?

Haig

Comment

I've always run the program without any problems with 32bit desktop. I tried dropping down to 16 bit then 256K colours but no joy.
              Accidently leaving out the CD and clicking on the program launcher rather than internet upgrade started the programme. I'm wondering now if the programme has done a reset and will now run with the Cd in. I'm just off to try.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Right just tried it in with the CD now and it works okay. One thing I did notice and should have mentioned that leaving the CD out orginally the the game came up in software mode and had to be reset to use the G400.
                It looks like upgrading the drivers confused the game somehow leaving the CD out somehow tripped it into software mode. This then allowed you to reset the game to use the g400.

Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X