NEED HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP PLEASE

Hey Merchant - the Asus K7M mobo is already available. It's on sale for £149+VAT here in the UK from Scan (www.scan.co.uk) who advertise it as:

"...famous name that we're not allowed to advertise..."

There are a few (very few) Asus K7M suppliers around, they're just not allowed to advertise the fact! Try phoning around a few places if you're not in the UK.

I've increased the FSB from 100MHz to 108Mhz (600Mhz becomes 650MHz) for testing a number of times, and it posts, boots & runs indefinitely with no problems.

Happy hunting...

Tim

hey morg step amd k7 500 at 650 for 323.00 ya baby just what ive been waiting for.

life time warnty too.
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Ah, but who's lifetime? Yours? the CPU's? Fred's dog? The fish in the pond down the road?

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

NEED HELP PLEASE

The DVD player is very choppy as if there is no buffer. If i bring up the pannel the frame rate appears to hit rock bottom.
        Should i be runnig at a set resolution?
        I have a P2 300 with 256 Mb and a 32Mb G400.
        Is my processor too slow?
        Any hints please?

------------------
        Cheggers
        -------------------------
        System Spec:
        Its white, shiney and has a 32Mb G400 in it.
        What more do you need to know?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Is your DVD-ROM DMA enabled?

Comment

How do i find that out?

(sorry)
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

sartmenu--->settings--->controlpanle---> system--->devicemanager--->cdromdrives--->(click on your dvd drive listing--->propertys--->(settingstab)---> (check dma box)

also no dvd movie uses a resalotion over 800x600 so if your desktop is higher than that its a waste of resorces, but it only makes a diffrence if your cpu is slower than a p2400. witch i notice yours is so try droping your desktop res to 800x600 it might help

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 10-12-1999).]
              msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel

Comment

What about colour depth?
                Is any one else heard of similar problems?
                Is the hardware support on the G400 enough?

Comment

use 16bit, dvd's also don't use higher than that. recomended bit depth for my old cerative dxr2 card was 800x600 256 color. but the chipset on that card was set for that depth. use 16bit on your g400.

my system is a p2350 oc to 464 with 256mem a cl 5x dvd (mode4) desktop res 11x8 16bit/32bit

noel

Comment

I am thinknig of upgrading my processor, but as i have an old Legend V motherboard that will need replacing too.

What can i get to improve the performance?
                    Is the new K7 chip + board ok with the G400?

-dont know much about it 'fraid

Comment

well i don't know yet (im planing to buy one buy the end of nov.) but a few pepole here have k7 cpu's and they seem to be haveing no problems. im hopeing that by the time i an ready to spend some cash an arus board will be redally avalible or gigabyte. something with a good name and good reviews. as of now i think i would get the msi board, and a k7 500 then play with a soldering iorn and make a k7 600 or 650.

noel

Comment

Working...
                      X