Bus-mastering???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus-mastering???

Hi, just wanted to know what exactly busmastering does......I have a PIII 450 with 256MB and a SBLIVE! and a Matrox G400 DH 32 MB....When I install win98 for the first time, and then the g400, the tech demo runs perfect....but when i install my sblive! retail, the tech demo just doesnt run anymore.......so i thought: the drivers, or bios....but i tried everything, so didnt knew what to do.

But today i disabled bus-master in the display properties, and what do u know?? the tech demo runs!!! but not perfect, not smoothly....

TELL ME WHAT TO DO, PLS!!!!!!!

system specs please

------------------
    PIII-500mhz @ 620!
    Abit BE6 mobo
    128mb pc-100
    Mill G400(YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 120%)
    PD 5.30
    Maxtor 13.2 gb Uata66 hdd
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se
    DX7
    THREE BIG FANS, six little ones and a case that sounds like a turbine engine...doh!

System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Okay:

PIII 450
      256 MB Ram
      G400 DH 32 MB
      SBlive! Retail
      P3B-F Asus motherboard

Comment

You probably have the G400/SBLive combo problem (so do I!). Search the Hardware forum for posts related to this problem, and try all the fixes posted. However, there is no fool-proof solution; some fixes work for some people, some don't. None of them work for me. But, just try. Make sure you've the latest drivers, that the G400 and SBLive don't share the same IRQ, the SBLive should be more than 1 PCI slot away from the G400, fiddle with the AGP aperture in the BIOS. Try these.

Comment

okay, thnxs, ill try

Comment

Working...
          X