Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't play VCD with G400?

Hello,

The title says it. I got a G400 16M SH to replace my ATI Xper98. Before that I was able to view VCDs(files with extension .dat) with the ATI card. However with G400, I can no longer. I always go the message that file format not recognized.

I have no idea what is wrong, but I am sure it is a software problem. Can somebody help me with this? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Just open it up in Windows Media player which functions just fine as a VCD player. Or, if you have the Matrox DVD player software (or probably most Soft DVD solutions) you can play VCD's that way, too.
    To open it in Media Player though, left click on the .DAT file in the MPEGAV directory on the VCD, then hold down the SHIFT key and right click. Then choose 'open with...' and then scroll down to mplayer2.exe and hit the 'always open with this program' checkbox or somesuch.
    Problem solved.
    P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply. But I am sorry for being not clear. I have tried open cd:mpegav/*.dat in media player or matrox DVD player, however both programs told me that files could not be opened. So it is not the problem of how to associate the .dat files with a specific application.

Comment

If you have installed ATI player, you should remove it... or change the settings of Cinemaster engine in Control Panel...

P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Working...
        X