Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• half-life and new drivers.

unbelievable!graphics are splendid!
    little sparklies are gone.me now VERY HAPPY!!
    thank you matrox.
    keep up the good work.
    IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

Happy? <font color="#FF0000">HAPPY?!</font> <font color="#0000FF">Me TOO!!</font>

God, I love how it looks NOW. Man, no more jaggy EXIT signs or jaggy looking ladders. OpenGL in Half-Life is AWESOME!!!! And, it is FAST!! Oy. Me happy.

Keep up the good work Haig, R0M, and everyone else at Matrox!!

------------------
    JamesA who BOLDs a LOT
    System Details

"To infinity and beyond!!" - Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
    <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

See....I been sayin for a while now that 5.3x looked/ran good with HL/TFC

(and this is the regular ICD I'm talking about, not TGL)
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

For me, the Beta ICD is still faster ( PII ), but the texture corruption problems etc. seem to have gone with 5.3 installed ?

Not sure why this should be... do the other PD5.3 files still have an influence even when running in OGL ?

Ian

Comment

5.30 is not just TurboGL there have been many improvements overall, the OpenGL ICD has been improved fixing many bugs.

Comment

If a BSOD is an 'improvement', we'll all be 'improved' clear back to pre-ICD days soon, hehe.
            Not to whine too much, but my celery 504 setup works fine with the 5.30 drivers. Only the Epox chokes on PD 5.30. Bummer.

Comment

Kruzin, I managed to get the sky showing the HL console when playing on Gasworks... :-)

Guess those texture problems aren't _quite_ fixed. :-)

But hey, that's a whole lot better than the floor on the ceiling. :-)
              The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
              The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
              The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Ant, sure - but I'm using the old Beta ICD with better speed but fewer problems.

Echowars - I'm using an Epox mob ( old one - LX chipset, 66 MHz FSB etc ) When I first installed 5.30 I got a "Windows Protection Error" on restarting... following some older thread's advice for ABit users I tried disabling "Plug & Play Monitor Detection" in Display Properties>Advanced which seemed to fix it. Was that your problem & have you tried that fix ? Good Luck

Cheers

Ian

Comment

The monitor ISN'T plug&play, so P&P has never been turned on. Apparently, with the Epox MB and VIA MVP3 chipsets, immediate BSOD upon attempting ANY 3d app. Reading the threads here, apparently I am not alone. Went back to 5.25 for now. I have faith...Matrox will fix it...

Comment

Working...
                  X