Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All TurboGL problems solved! Read inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All TurboGL problems solved! Read inside!

Ok, now that I have your attention. Kruzin posted this before, and everybody pretty much ignored it and kept whining, so...

1. If you have a Voodoo card, TurboGL won't work. Either take out the Voodoo card (which is now totally useless anyway) or shut up.

2. If you don't run "setup.exe" you're SOL. In other words, DON'T use the windows dialogs to install 5.30 - or TurboGL JUST WON'T WORK.

3. If opengl32.dll isn't in your game directory, you're NOT USING TURBOGL. Stop whining and reinstall the drivers.

4. If you don't have a P3 or a K7, you're NOT USING TURBOGL, so either be patient and wait for the next drivers, or get a better CPU.

5. If VSYNC is ON, you WON'T see better scores. Turn it off, or stop whining.

In any event, stop whining. These drivers are finally good and wonderful and work properly, and all you folks who are ignoring the install instructions and the helpful folks in this forum are starting to irk me.

- Gurm

------------------
    G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
    The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Gurm-

Not to sound like I am complaining, but in my situation the new drivers aren't great, because they don't work. When I was using the 5.2x drivers, I was pretty happy with the Q3 and UT performance (even though HL sucked). Now yesterday, since I have a p3 and all, I thought I would try them out. I followed all the instructions by matrox, kruzin, etc ... and the bastards (the drivers) killed my games. Q3 nor HL will even start up. And, I am sure it is a TurboGL problem because I removed then and everything runs again. Has anyone else seen this?

p3450@450, g400 32mb DH

thanks -joe

Comment

hehehe

Not quite the way I worded it....but yea, I suspect 3dfx cards are causing some of the problems out there, and improper installation covers some more...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin-

I didn't totally understand your reply. I have never had any 3dfx cards in my system, nor any other card besides the g400. Still, games will not work with TGL, and when I played Unreal w/ out the TGL (as things will actually work when I remove it), it was a complete slideshow using openGL rendering at 800x600 (didn't test, but <12 fps).

I assure you that there was no "improper installation" and I don't overclock any of my hardware. Since this is the case, what could be the problem? I even ran the utility and it said all TGL drivers were up to date on every game.

thanks in advance -joe

Comment

One other thing...

You do not have to "re-install" the drivers if you add / re-install a game.

Go to the Matrox QuickDesk Icon in your tray, right-click on it and select TurboGL manager.

It will allow you to re-scan your system for compatible games and copy requisite files to the appropriate areas.

Guyv (Loving TurboGL and Q3Test)
          Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
          - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
          - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
          - 6.1 Digital Audio
          - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
          - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
          - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
          - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
          - LS120 IDE Floppy
          - Zip 100 IDE
          - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
          - NEC FE950
          - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

v2's can coexist with the G400's new TurboGL - find the main file that the V2's relies on (mine's MW3D32V2.DLL) and rename it. Your games won't be able to find the 3dfx "stuff" and the turboGL will work.

Remove the OpenGL32.dll TurboGL driver from your game's dir and put the name of your 3dfx driver back to normal to use the V2 again.

I found the key file by firing up HL and then exiting. It crashed the DDHELP service, and the Details noted the file name.

Works for me. HL has run with BOTH.

By the way, Kruzin, these new drivers may not be optimized for DX7, but UT DEFINITELY runs a WHOLE LOT FASTER in High World texture mode now. Don't know what they did, but it made a big difference.

Still too slow to play in 32bit, but we can hope the DX7 optimizations fix that.

------------------
            Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 2x128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM CAS2, G400 MAX in multi-monitor mode. V2 SLI rig. Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster Live!, DeskTop Theater DTT2500 DIGITAL Speaker System (Sweeeeeet!), 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba SD-M1212 6x DVD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM, 10/100 5-port Linksys Ethernet switch (30~40MB/min under Win98SE)

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 1x128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM CAS2, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/90kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 4x64MB EDO Parity RAM, Millennium II, Intel Pro/100+ client NIC, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, Creative Dxr3 DVD decoder card, Hitachi GD-2500 6x DVD-ROM, Win98 SE

All specs subject to change.

The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
            The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
            The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Gurm , is it possible that the turbogl driver works with v2 installed BUT them causing it to perform bad ? (esp. in 32 bit ?)
              I mean I KNOW q3 IS USING the turbogl driver BUT ,my 32 bit scores are way too slow and far away of ant´s !!

Please answer ....

[This message has been edited by Kx30 (edited 10-09-1999).]

Comment

There are a lot of people without v2's having those some low scores (me included), so I don't think that the v2 is the problem.

Regards.
                P3-500, Shuttle HOT-661/P, 512Meg HSDRAM,WD Expert 18GB, Segate Medalist 6GB, AOpen 40X CDROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, G400 MAX, SB Live Value, 3Com 10/100 (3C905B-TX) , Sony F400 19"

Comment

Working...
                X