Real solution to Abit probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real solution to Abit probs

You'll have to excuse me if someone already posted this solution because I might have missed a couple of things in the 130 message monster that's still going strong

I was having problems with my Abit Be6 and random lockups and such. To solve it I went into Device Manager and disabled the Highpoint Technology UDMA 66 drivers. Don't bother uninstalling them. Just go click the "disable in hardware profile" box. Everything is sweet and I haven't had a lock-up since. I think that could be the issue. Give it a try and let's hear how it works.

That would be nice, but the problem was happening on motherboards, where UDMA/66 was no where to be seen!

Anyhow, I gave them the answer to the problem awhile ago, not that many people paid any attention to it, but it remains to be seen if this is the actual cause. It would be good if it was in fact, as simple as I said it was, for the sheer fact that it is reasonably easy to fix, because after everything else that has been tried and discounted, the reamining possible causes are bad!

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 10-09-1999).]

Comment

Working...
    X