Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can´t get near ant´s results in q3 with turbo gl !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can´t get near ant´s results in q3 with turbo gl !

1024*768 HQ settings PLUS textures at full
    , vsync off AND 32bitZ ON i get 25 fps !!!!
    (PIII540 with turbogl )
    Sound was on high ....

Am i doing something wrong or are ant´s numbers just false ?

check to make sure you have the turboGL enabled. if you click the powerdesk icon in your systray there should be an option to test your games for turboGL compatiblity. if it aint there you probably don't have tgl enabled. uninstall using the utility then start up hit cancel when it autodetects and run the setup.exe for the 530 drivers. then restart and it will probalby detect your card again so point it to the right drivers with the have disk button. hope this helps i was getting shite now im ok. plus turn off 32 bit z buffer.

Comment

It says turbogl is enabled !
      Turning 32bit z off will get me plus 3 fps (28) but i cant even break the 30 fps barrier !!
      (ant gets over 40 !)

What are your numbers ?

Comment

with a p3-450 @ 504 and the g400 32 2head at 150/200 sblive 192 megs of ram with high quality sound on at the HQ setting i get 44.7 fps all options on 32 bit z. if i go bilinear i get 52.2 and if i go bilinear and get rid of the 32z i get 60. i am pretty sure your turboGL is not working (even if it says it is)

------------------

Comment

well, now im not getting these kinds of numbers hmm. late at night maybe. in any case your results at 1024 x 768 seem even better than mine. hmmm. i'll figure it out tommorow.

------------------

Comment

Check that DH Clone is disabled (ie no output to the second monitor/TV). In Q3 with clone off I get a big increase in fps - 23 fps becomes 33fps (approx). That is on a Celeron 466@525 (obviously no TurboGL) and G400 @145/193.

Comment

Kx30,

All I can say is that you do have a problem. On my AMD K6-2/400 I'm getting better benchmarks in Q3 than you are claiming even with a higher end CPU. But then again we've been through this with you before while you were under a different nick and you didn't listen to us then so what's to say you will listen this time either.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

joel , this time it is NOT just me .
                In the games forum there are at least 4 guys that have exactly the same low scores ...
                Btw , i did not have a problem back then , my monitor has had one (HZ! was too high and M didn´t like that).
                It is clear that matrox can invent good HW but is very weak in making good drivers ...
                I guess it will take another 1-2 months until
                M has a good g400 driver . (that would be 4 months !). Nvidia can make a new PRODUCT in 6 months !

If you have a good tip for me i will listen but don´t tell me again i am too stupid to setup my machine because this time you will insult many more than just me
                (just notice how many "...i can´t get g400 to work ..." , "...driver to slow ..." , "...garbage on screen..." etc . whine messages there are on this forum )

Comment

It's entirely possible it's your Voodoo(s) slowing it down. As mentioned, the TurboGL isn't even working for most people with 3dfx in their box. In another thread you said yours is working...well, maybe it's not working very well....
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                  X