Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon and G400 (bis)

here are my spec:
    Msi 6167 (without the special heatsink, will get it later)
    Athlon 600
    G400 DH 32 mb
    Sblive
    3com ethernet adapter
    tekram 390F scsi ultra/wide scsi controller
    128 mb sdram pc100

system works FINE ! very very stable (more than with my old k6-2 system) d3d games are alright (played shogo, nf3, nfs4 c&c2 total2)
    but when i try to play some mpeg videos, or avi with indeo codec these videos get corrupted, using xing mpeg player the mpeg video are ok ! but with multimedia player...

under ie5 jpeg ang gifs are corrupted on a few sites (this bug does not appear with netscape)

i updated all known bioses with my hardware (g400, mobo) using latest agp drivers, using 5.13,5.20 and 5.25 from matrox give the same thing.

i changed my g400 with a brand new one, exactly the same... i pray this a driver related problem and that 5.30 one could save me !. i have one irq sharing between the ethernet adapter and the g400 but d3d games works very well no lockups, nothing strange (though some little glitches here and there)
    removing the ethernet adapter did not solve either...

i may look at my msi bios since i tweak it a little... will see that soon !

How did you installed the Liveware for SBLive??? I've read that liveware 2.0/2.1 won't install on Athlon

Comment

hey downloaded that precious 5.30 drivers but no no no nothing.... i swapped my graphic cards and put a rage pro in my system always the same... i wonder if its not a 2d virus cih related probs, (i had the same with my p5a when i got my first g200 d3d games crashed because of a cih virus..) btw xing mpeg player runs fine no sound problem. i removed everything made a clean install... always and always the same... it may be my mobo that is damaged... i tweaked in every way my bios but (same old song )

i am waiting for any good ideas

Comment

Liveware 2.0, 2.1 and LAVA all work fine on Athlon systems (from my experience).

------------------
        aka Chris H

Comment

Working...
        X