PD5.30 and D3D problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5.30 and D3D problem

With the new drivers, everytime D3D Hardware Acceleration is used I get a windows Protection Fault. I installed directly from the PD5.25 drivers, gonna try using the uninstall utility and reinstall, but am not keeping my hopes up. Any ideas?
    System: K6-3 450@504, Epox MVP3G-M (Bios 8/20/99), IBM 22GXP 13.5 GB, Promise UDMA66, Mill G200 16MB SD (newest BIOS, don't remember the rev), 192MB Siemens RAM, Win98 (with 98lite removal of active desktop), DX7.0

------------------
    I say "Here's a monkey wrench... If you bop me over the head with it long enough I might wake up for a second."

"I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Nope, running the uninstall didn't help any... Oh, well, it was worth a shot. Anyone have any ideas, lemme know....

------------------
    I say "Here's a monkey wrench... If you bop me over the head with it long enough I might wake up for a second."

"I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Try re-installing DX7...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Both D3D and OpenGL apps will let my Windows crash within a second with a nice blue screen. Reinstalling DirectX7 didn't help.
        *sigh*. Yes, I've used the uninstaller (although I'm certain it does NOT erase every trace.. When I reinstall the drivers, I get the same resolution and refreshrate as before the "uninstallation".. draw your own conclusions)

I gonna reinstall Windows tomorrow, since this installation is quite messed up already. I hope it will solve these bluescreens too.

my system:
        Mill G200 NOT o/c'ed but with coolingfan so it's NOT running hot, Epox MVP3 mainboard, K6-2 300 o/c to 333. AGP 1x, like every other SS7 users :-/

Comment

This doesn't have anything to do with your problem really. I just noticed in your .sig that you said you are running at agp 1x on en Epox MVP3 mobo. I have an Epox MVP3G-M with a G200 and am getting agp 2x. I had to force it in the registry with the hack since my bus is o/c, but it runs rock solid stable.
          As for the drivers, I just downloaded pd5.3 so hopefully it won't cause me any problems.

Comment

Yeah, I can run AGP 2x also, but I do have stability problems in Netscape when I do. Only place I have real problems. I will try the DX7 re-install, it is doing fine back with the PD5.25 drivers. Other than that, I'll look around in the reg, see if anything untoward has been changed. I've already tried modifying the inf file, thought maybe it was the intel vgart. Nope... I'll keep looking though. Hey, if not I'll just wait for the next one, I'm getting pretty damn good performance from 5.25.

Nope, reinstalling DX7.0 didn't do it for me either. I couldn't find anything new in the registry that would do it, but hey, it is a Win registry... Don't wanna take the time to try disabling features one-by-one to see what it could be either. Although, considering that I had everything except busmastering and triple buffering disabled in the first place, all it could really be is either the busmastering or the new hardware mouse entry.
            Oh well, if anyone finds a solution, I'll be happy. If not, I'm sure I'll leave the card right where it is 'til the next release. They made everyone happy but me.... WAAAAA!!!
            ------------------

[This message has been edited by anid (edited 10-09-1999).]

Comment

Same problem for me with PD5.30, as I mentioned in another thread.
              D3D and OpenGL apps give me a pretty bsod proteciton fault screen. I went back to 5.25 and everything is fine again.
              Anyone know any work arounds for this problem with the g200 and 5.30?

Comment

Working...
              X