Friday Attempt at Humor: I Love My Adopted Hometown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Attempt at Humor: I Love My Adopted Hometown

I live in San Francisco, quite possibly the silliest place in the world.

A couple of months ago, it was disclosed that the City and County of San Francisco was actually losing money on the towing of illegally parked cars. (People living on the east coast of the US think this is impossible, as if it somehow broke the laws of physics.)

Earlier this week, it was reported that the City and County of San Francisco may be losing money on the issuance of parking tickets and collection of fines.

Today, it was reported that one of our candidates for District Attorney is wanted in the State of Nevada. He believes his frequent run-ins with the law and subsequent convictions give him a unique perspective on the criminal justice system. This latest warrant for his arrest, for failure to appear at a hearing related to an alledged assault on a 77 year old woman, was filed on Thursday.

One of his key campaigning planks is to clear up the city's rather large backlog of outstanding arrest warrants. His campaign motto: "Be safer with Shaeffer."

These incidents are neither isolated or idiosyncratic here. This is the status quo. Remind me to tell you guys one day about the palm trees on the Embarcadero.

God, I love this town.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Passing gas...

An old man and his wife have gone to bed. After lying in bed for a few minutes the old man cut a fart and says, "Seven points."

His wife rolls over and asks, "What in the world was that?"

The old man says, "Touchdown. I'm ahead 7 to nothing. " A few minutes later the wife lets one go and says, "Touchdown. Tie score." After about ten minutes the old man farts again and says, "Touchdown. I'm ahead 14 to 7.

Now starting to get into this the wife quickly farts again and says, "Touchdown. Tie score."

The old man strains really hard but, to no avail, he can't fart. Not to be outdone by his wife, he gives it everything he has and strains real hard to get out just one more fart. Straining real hard the old man tries so hard he poops in the bed.

The wife asks, "Now what in the world was that?"

The old man replies, "Half-time. Switch sides."

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

HAHAHAHA.
      I love it!

Comment

Working...
      X