My Mill G200 thinks its a Mystique G200, and DVD probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mill G200 thinks its a Mystique G200, and DVD probs

I installed the latest drivers after using the uninstall prog and the only hardware that comes up in the list is Mystique G200. Is this normal? That is the only driver it lets me use. After I install the driver I can go to change drivers, then go to the big list, find the Millenium G200, select it, and it says that that driver was not made for my card, or something like that. Anyway, after I installed the new drivers (having to install my card as a mystique) I went to run a DVD using my player with the Zoran software I bought from Matrox, and lo and behold, it said that I hadn't chosen a region and it would not run. i figured this to be normal since I had uninstalled all the setting for my card when I ran the uninstall, so I tried to reinstall the Zoran software and it told me that same thing, not even letting me install it. I did an uninstall again and installed the older 4.33 drivers, and after I rebooted, I was asked what region I was in by Matrox Diagnostic, and I was able to install the Zoran software. Is there any way I can use the latest drivers with my DVD player? Matrox's site specifically says that if you buy the Zoran software for the G200, you will NOT have this problem because the Zoran software is supposed to set your region. Hmm, anyone able to help?

Kind of sounds like a bad BIOS. You may just need to re-flash it. However, I'd wait for a second opinion on this one.

-Wombat
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
    X