SCSI cards and G400MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSI cards and G400MAX

Well my dad just gave me his SCSI CD-Burner this morning after getting a 8x burner to replace it. I got an adptec 2902A Fast SCSI card to run the burner.

I've been reading that people have been having problems with the Adptec 2940 series of SCSI cards with the G400, but has anyone run into a problem with the 2902A?

------------------
    Celeron300A@464 abit BH6 mobo, Marvel G200, V2 SLI, 128MB RAM, 19inch Optiquest Monitor, SB live!

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I think you are more likely to have trouble with your SB Live!

SCSI is a nice interface, that isnt too fussy about other hardware. You should have no troubles.

If you only have the one device on the chain, remember to have it terminated, and the controler card terminated.

Comment

Not familiar with the 2902A but if you are planning on using it for a CDR drive then it should be bus mastering. THe lower lend cards that work fine for scanners, zip drives and such don't do all that well with CD burners.

------------------
      Dean
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

I actually have two SCSI cards, an AHA2940UW and a Diamond Fireport 40 dual(remember these?...nice cards!), in my system with a G400Max. I haven't had a single problem.

John

Comment

Ditto. 2940UW, G400Max. I've got more scsi devices on the chain that you can shake a stick at. (I've tried. The stick just won't shake. It'll waggle a little, but that's all)... works fine.

------------------
          Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
          Asus P2B 1010 - P3-500 - And a G400Max now.
          256MB 6NS 70 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

You're a ... 'guest' ... of the Master Control Program.

Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
          Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
          1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
          200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
          Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
          768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Working...
          X