Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MUCH too slow

Hi!
    I bought a G400 SH 32MB and put it in my Celeron 433 (o/c @ 488 mhz) + elitegroup p6bat-a+ mainboard + 128 mb. Running 3d mark 99 max at 800+600 16bit gives a result with about 2700; Test1 (Race) with 28 fps !!!!
    I dont think this is normal speed. My old Ati64 + Voodoo1 gets 23 fps there.
    What can I do about this?? If any relevant Information is missing here, please tell me which and I will add it.

PS: If I dont get this F...ing card running properly, I can offer a slightly used G400 to anyone who pays me more than a handful of crap.

Uhhh...i have the same card and i used to have it on a C366(not overclocked), before i upgraded to a P3 500...i never ran 3d marks with it on that Celeron but in every game i ran it on, it was fine. How bout trying a REAL game instead of benchmarking BS.

------------------
    P3 500(not overclocked)
    128 MB PC100 SDRAM
    SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
    Diamond MX300 Sound Card
    AOpen 40x CD ROM
    Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
    Motorola Cable Modem
    Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
    17" CRT Monitor
    Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----
    P3 500(not overclocked)
    128 MB PC100 SDRAM
    SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
    Diamond MX300 Sound Card
    AOpen 40x CD ROM
    Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
    Motorola Cable Modem
    Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
    17" CRT Monitor
    Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Comment

Of course I tried some games, but Unreal (patched to v2.25) or Halflife (newest patch too) are unplayable slow.

Comment

Hi there Giga DAU ! I'm not sure what would be ok speed for you, but my Cel400@450 & G400 SH work ok. Your scores are way too low compared to mine (was it 35 or 37 or something like that (yes race1 and 800x600), I,m not sure). Ensure that you have latest drivers (5.25+beta ICD) installed properly, and you system is otherwise ok. Other bechmarks I've done: U.T. Wicked demo 800x600/16 bit gives me about 23 to 24 fps and U.T and Unreal are both highly playable.
        Q2 scores: crusher ~30/massive ~45/demo1 ~57 . Your system should surely be faster than mine. Check it.
        -J-

Comment

Is bus mastering enabled under "performance" in Powerdesk?
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

Yep, I turned bus mastering on and Powerdesk, ICD, and the Drivers are properly installed. IRQ is assigned to VGA. and all the other stuff I read about is done also. One other problem does occur too when I shutdown windows: Bluescreen, saying something is wrong with file vxd, or so. then the system freezes and all I can do is pressing reset. this occurs since I have installed Win 98 second edition. With the first edition this error never has happened.
            does anyone know what to do against this??

PS: I'm already rather desperate, so please HELP!!!!

Comment

I got this too.

But I'm not sure my fix will be very helpful! I upgraded from a k6-2 to a PIII.

The actual problem that I had was the same as yours it was caused by other devices using the G400 memory area. Go to System properties and got the the G400's entry and see if there are any conficts reported under the resources tab.

My motherboard was actually using the same memory areas as the G400 and windows would not allow me to change either devices settings. PnP piece of shit, needless to say linux had no problems.

Elvon

Comment

what DX and drivers version r u using ???

I think you didn't uninstall correctly your previos display driver or using an old directX version...

If you really don't manage to fix the problem I think deleting the windows Directory and doing a clean install of win98 + DX6.1 or DX7.0 will fix the problem.

Comment

Having done a new installation of Win98 fixed the shutdown-problem, but it is still much too slow, although I´m using DX 7, and the newest matrox drivers.
                  I'm giving up. Today I will offer my G400 in an online market. Tomororrow I'll buy a Viper770, my first Graphiccard *NOT* from Matrox.

Comment

Giga, I'm having the same problem (except I'm only getting 1982 3dmarks.)... Q3Test is kinda slow, too. I'm not really sure what to do at this point...
                    Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Working...
                    X