I got My MAX in today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got My MAX in today....

Well I just got done installing a bit of new hardware on my computer today. I added in the MAX of course,adaptec 2902a SCSI card with a 2X CD burner, A Diamond SupraMax 56K modem and a floppy drive since mine gave up the ghost many months ago .

As for problems with the MAX, there are none so far! only minor problem I've run into is that in the tech demo the screen goes black when i try to increase the res on it.

After reading the problems with the G400 and abit boards I was preparded for the worse. I did a check of the card with PCI list and I'm running AGP2X with no problems.

I did a quick run through of a couple games I got and no problems with Dungen Keeper2, the expendable demo, Quake 3 Area test (after reinstall since it was looking for the 3dfx driver), and the USAF demo. I nearly s*** a brick playing USAF at 1600x1200....it ran great!

Worse part of the total install- the SB live! card wanted to share the IRQ with the modem and my computer choaked on that. The solution was to move them away from each other and they finally when to IRQ 5 and 3 repestivly.

One last thing. Does the rainbow runner take up an IRQ at all? I had a G200 Marvel before and I want to get a rainbow runner for the G400. It has two places to go in my PC..next to the SB live or next to the max.

Scott

------------------
    C300A@464,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM, 2x CDR, WD 13.6 GB HD,SupraMax 56k modem

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Give the Tech Demo some time (10 seconds or so) when changing resolutions. It took me a while to realize it wasn't broken, just slow.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The RRG will use the irq of the G200 or G400. The only issue with IRQs, is just make sure your system BIOS has IRQ triggering set to level rather than edge.

Best Regards,
      - James

------------------

[This message has been edited by DaStudent (edited 10-06-1999).]

Comment

GT98,

Did you disable SB16 emulation on your Live? Assuming you don't play DOS games, this'll free up one more IRQ.

Comment

I already disabled the SB16 emulation on the SB Live!. Anyone have any ideas on why I can't see my CD burner in Windows 98. The Adaptec card is picked up, but no CDR drive. The CDR worked on the machine it was taken out of with no problem. I'm using a AVA-2902A which is made by adaptec. All three terminators are in place on the Scsi Card.

Thanks

------------------
          C300A@464,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM, 2x CDR, WD 13.6 GB HD,SupraMax 56k modem

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
          X