Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oh nooooo. Driver conflict with windows!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh nooooo. Driver conflict with windows!!!!

ok. just built my new system. With Win98SE. Everything is going well, until I try to institute multiple users on the system. Users were set to have full customization control over their desktop and system trays using the control panel "users" and "passwords" functions.

When I tried to log back on. Typed in a user name and password and the system gave me a general protection fault error. It said that HIDSERV.exe (I think .EXE) had caused a general protection fault in g400.drv. anyway the system locked up.

So I rebooted, canceled the logon and the system worked ok. I then deleted the multiple users and rebooted.

The friggen log on window still comes on and it will still lock the system up if I try and use it (selecting "cancel" avoids the problem).

I would like to have multiusers for my system , and at least get rid of that troublesome logon window. Any clues.

I upgraded to the powerdesk 5.25 drivers and used pd_unin.exe to uninstall the old drivers.( in reverse order of course)

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!!

thank you

anyway the system is:
    ax6bc mobo, p3 500, 256mb, xitel soundcard, ibm 22gxp harddrive, cyborg3d joystick, g400 max, md1212 toshiba dvd (6x/32x), win98 se.
    Just built this weekend.

[This message has been edited by JUHLEY (edited 10-04-1999).]
    pIII 500, aopen ax6bc mobo, ibm 22gxp hard drive, g400 max, xitel storm sound card, toshiba md1212 dvd, dual viewsonic ps790's.
Working...
X